December 7, 2014

I hope everyone took a moment to remember the heroes of the Pearl Harbor attack, that happened 73 years ago, today. Just 14 years ago, Linda and I were in Pearl Harbor, for our 25th wedding anniversary. There was a brief discussion about it, at Church today, and it is something that I hope continues to be remembered, lest we allow ourselves to become complacent and are attacked again.

Today began with Linda and I going to church, and Jason going off with his friends, to go shooting. It is probably the one activity that he can do, without putting a great deal of dependence on others. After church we came back to the house and we had lunch. Linda took care of a little cleaning and then took off to get some thrift store shopping in (she loves thrift stores), along with some of the other local businesses. She came back with a couple of decorations, so we won't have to go through our storage to find the Christmas decorations. She was gone for nearly three hours, and came back just a short time after Jason came back. Yes, that means I was at the house, all by myself for almost three full hours. It seemed kind of strange and quiet, and nice.

We've begun decorating the house, and that includes a wreath that Linda purchased at Church today. The Boy Scouts were selling them, and you know what kind of a softy she is, when it comes to the Boy Scouts. It is now hanging on the front door. Not much else happened,   we hope that the holiday season is a great one for you. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. A wreath is all we have around here so far.
    Praying in Seattle!
    Psalms 143:6-8 I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah. Hear me speedily, O LORD: my spirit faileth: hide not thy face from me ... Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know that I'm always praying!
    Psalms 143:9-10 Deliver me, O LORD, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me. Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

April 29, 2018