Yes, I'm still alive and able to write this blog... I've just been remiss in getting to it. My life schedule has really gotten a bit out of hand, and I need to work on being a bit more regular, so I apologize for the delay since the last post.

Anyway, Jason is doing very well, and he has now received his Paragolfer cart. He texted me a photo, and I need to figure out how to transfer it to this blog, so the rest of you can see it. He looks great and he is standing with Dr. Malone. As it turned out he isn't supposed to be using it very much at all right now, and I think she only allowed him to get in because he has been waiting for so long to get out of bed. It will be another couple of weeks (maybe only 10 days) before he can ride it on any kind of regular basis. Bottom line is that he has it now, and it is exactly what he wants.

The wounds, obviously, have healed in a great deal more now, and the pain level has gone down. These are very good signs and we are all hopeful that it will continue to improve. Jason gets to go down to the MATC now on a much more regular basis, and this is good for him physically, as well as emotionally/socially. The interaction with the other guys, in a "non-hospital room" setting is valuable beyond expression. You can see from the picture, once I finally get it posted, that the physical efforts are going pretty good, too! Thank you, all for all your continued prayers and support. It has been an amazing pillar of strength for me and my family. God has a plan and obviously Jason is a player in that plan - as we all are.

Comments

  1. What great news about the paragolfer cart! And I'm so glad to hear about the wounds and pain levels, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had said you weren't going to post as often so wasn't expecting you to write more often.
    Praying right now!
    Psalms 31:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know that I'm always praying!
    Psalms 31:5, 7-8 Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth (7-8) I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities; And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continuing to lift up prayers!
    Psalms 31:14-16, 24 But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God. My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me. Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake. (24) Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying right now!
    Isaiah 26:3-4 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whatever lies ahead, the Lord is with you! Always praying hard!
    Psalms 32:8, 10-11 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. (10-11) Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about. Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you Jason! Haven't heard any news so I'm taking that as a good thing. I hope you are feeling much better and that your pain level is decreasing daily. Please my best to Dr. Malone and wish her a very, Merry Christmas. Stacey looks to be growing like a weed! I bet Jackie is getting to be taller also. They sure are sweet and funny. I'm happy you and your family can all be together this Christmas Season. Maybe post something on FB so we know how you are.

    All our best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)