December 17, 2015

Just wanted to get a quick update out there, so that it isn't another week before any information comes out. Jason is doing well, and continues his healing, and being very dedicated to getting those pesky wounds to heal. He has been up, on occasion, when he has had a chance to socialize a little, friends have come over for short visits and such. He also has been up a couple of times when there was a business need, such as when both Gracie and Kojak got bathed (Jason had a dog service come to the house to bath the dogs). Jason had to go out and basically stay while Kojak was washed, and though I really wasn't happy with Jason being out in the cooler temps, Jason was happy, even if Kojak wasn't.

I went with Jason, on his most recent trip to Balboa Hospital and it was worth the extra effort, on my part, as I was instructed on how to take care of the issue that has caused Jason trouble these past couple of months. Now, if it should happen again he won't have to go in to the ER to get it taken care of, and I will be doing it. As I have said, it isn't life threatening, it is something that just causes Jason a great deal of discomfort, so I don't mind taking care of it.

The girls will be back with us this weekend, specifically Saturday evening, when we will be heading up to the Los Angeles area, and taking the girls to Disneyland. This is a surprise for them, so I haven't even wanted to put it in the blog. Now that it is getting close, I am comfortable that they won't find out from anything I write here. We'll be going up for four days, though only two of those will be at the park, and the other two are basically slated for travel. This is something that Jason has wanted to do for the girls, and with the help of the Gary Sinise Foundation, it has finally come true. Because of their connections and partnership with Disneyland, we will be receiving a special gift once we arrive, and we will be staying at the Grand California Hotel. The special gift is a VIP package and tour guide of the park, though Jason's time at the park is limited and he will still need to be down most of the time. The guide will be taking us around, with the girls, and Jason will do his best to meet up with us, as he can. The Gary Sinise Foundation continues to do things for Jason and us that is both wonderful and helpful. They really do go the extra mile when it comes to helping. If you are looking for an organization to donate to, please, PLEASE keep them in mind.

I think I should be able to get another post out, before Christmas, and we will be back home. The week after Christmas is going to be spent taking care of some errands, and maybe doing a little catching up of some things around here. Linda has been doing an amazing job of staying on top of the different chores around here, but with it being a "holiday" week, I should be able to put some time into helping her, at least some (I will be working that week, also). Thanks, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Have a wonderful time in Disneyland and at the Grand Californian Hotel. So very happy for all of you! And, Merry Christmas!
    Mary Ann Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Lord has you in His loving arms! Praying in Seattle!
    Psalms 139:4-6 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lord is with you wherever you are! Know that I'm praying!
    Psalms 139:7-10 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What words of comfort. Praying right now!
    Psalms 139:17-18 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have these promises because of that Babe in a manger! Lifting up prayer right now!
    Revelation 7:16-17 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whatever happens in this life, this is not our Home! Continuing to pray!
    Revelation 21:1-4 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018