Hello to everyone! Jason is alive and doing well, here in Fallbrook, CA. His daughters are both doing well and both of them are now in High School. They are both living with us full time, for the time being. Once their mother has found a place to call home, the girls will begin spending more time with her. Jason is recovering from a recent surgery, where they came up with a new process to help with a skin graft, and it looks like it is going to be taking this time. The good news with this is he will be able to get more things done, in his life and not have to depend on me and others for so much of his comfort. There is also a bit of a down side, in that he is unable to play sled hocky right now, and we're not sure when he will be able to get back on to the ice. The regular practices have begun again and the season opener is not too far away.

Another positive that has come along in his life is that he has a regular girl friend now, and someone he can reach out to whenever he wants to talk. She lives up close by the Seattle area, so that means she has her own life up there, where she is raising her children, from her first marriage. 

I'm going to be doing my best to keep this updates coming more often, and I do apologize for staying away so long since my lase update. There has been a great deal of things happening and I king of feel a little over whelmed with so much. Uncle Carlos, Linda's uncle, so Jason's great-uncle, passed away a few months ago. He was a Marine also, from the Korean war. He always had a special place in his heart for Jason, and the two of them stayed in touch on a regular basis. Linda was one of the few relatives that he considered a "real" relative, so when he passed she suddenly had a bunch to do, to take care of his estate. He lived in Phoenix, AZ so she was spending as much, or more time there getting thing taken care of. Its almost done now, so she will be back here again, and that will be good for all of us.

I've been dealing with a number of health issues, and having to spend some time in the hospital. Seems my heart wasn't getting the right attention. I've made some adjustments to my life and things are getting better now. As you can imagine, Jason was worried for a little while, as were his brothers, but I'm back to doing the things I need to do, including getting out on my bicycle and other regular exercise. I've even managed to lose 20 pounds... so far.


Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

April 29, 2018

Disapointing Day - March 31, 2011