January 22, 2016

We had a pretty nice day today, beginning with a quick drive over to Aspen/Ride Design, where they wanted to do the final exam of Jason and the wearable prosthetic. We have worked primarily with Eric and today was no different. Joe, one of the owners and Noel, another of the technicians there also worked with us a few times and Joe was the one who gave us a tour of the business, prior to our leaving. The person we always saw first, going in to the building was Debbie, and she definitely has the right personality for being up front. She has the energy and personality that they want to have the customers come into contact with first. There is one other person who seems to also be quite knowledgeable about the company, Dawn, and we all got to know her as well. They all, working together, make you feel like you're apart of their family, and very comfortable.

Anyway, Jason went in and everything looked good, with only a couple of minor adjustments before we were just about done. The changes were made and then we took off for lunch. Eric wanted Jason to get out for a couple hours, to check on this "final" fit. We came back and had a great conversation with everybody. We then had the tour and finally we departed the building. Linda made a couple of new FB friends, and they got to know us pretty well over the week. All of this would not have been able to happen if it had not been for the VA getting the right people together and providing Jason with a means of getting out here. Also, we received help from the SemperFi Fund and from EOD Warrior Foundation, to help pay for hotel and transportation, while being out here.

Jason will be flying home on an ambulance flight, just like the flight he came out on, and Linda will be flying back with him. I will be traveling commercial, as the plane just isn't big enough for all of us to ride in, and to get a larger plane would cost considerably more. All of the flight preparations were made today, and on Monday we will be headed out. Of course, on Monday we check in with the folks at Aspen/Ride Design, just to make sure there is nothing wrong and then I will take them to the first airport stop, so they can get the ambulance. After that I drive up to Denver International and catch my flight. They will get home before me, but at least we all get home on the same day... Monday. Then on Tuesday I have to get back to work, early in the am.

Tomorrow we will be heading out to see Garden of The Gods and then the Air Force Academy, just so we can do some touristy things, and to give Jason a chance to be in the wearable for a little more time. Actually, this is why we check in on Monday, just in case something shows up. On Sunday we may not do too much, as I understand it is supposed to snow - - a bunch. I may just kick back and take in the football game. I understand the Broncos, a local team here, is playing... ;-) Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Always keep your eyes on the Lord! Praying!
    Psalms 27:13-14: I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

  2. There is only One who hears and can answer! Praying hard right now!
    Psalms 28:1-2 Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit. Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014