March 8, 2016

I know there are some of you out there that read this later in the day, and some who read it early in the morning. First, let me thank you, for all the continued support and following Jason in his journey in life. Secondly, I need to let  you know that with Jason making it past the 5-year mark, he has shown that he IS a survivor, and even though there are more surgeries and procedures ahead, he will continue to demonstrate just how strong he is.

My next entry will happen, after this weekend's celebration, unless there is something that I feel needs to be presented earlier. Jason's grandmother, Jess (Linda's mom), is in the hospital right now, having undergone heart surgery (valve replacement). She is doing well and is expected to make a full recovery in a matter of several weeks. We all went up to see her today and Jason, being the devoted grandson that he is, was telling her jokes and making her laugh. He is a true believer in that old adage - "Laughter is the best medicine". We stayed for a couple of hours and then had to come back home to pick up the girls, from school.

We also went to a dinner for Stars For Heros, where Jason spoke, and told them about some of his recovery, and what helped him along the way. The food was good, and we were the front of the line - I guess we picked the right table. The dinner went on after we left, as it was going until after 22:00 (10pm), and that is past the girls' bed time. It was nice getting to catch up with several of the folks there and one of the other injured veterans, Jeff, sat with us, and that allowed Jason and Jeff to do some catching up as well. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. The Lord will be with you no matter what you're going through. Continuing to pray! Adding prayers for Jess!
    Psalms 91:9-12 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord is always with you! Continuing to pray!
    Psalms 91:14-15 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)