July 7, 2016

Wow! I haven't posted in several days now, and I apologize for making those dedicated readers wait. We have been enjoying life and the summer, which is now very much upon us, and doing what we can to continue to march forward. Our 4th of July was relatively quiet, though we did go over to one of Jason's friends home and spend some time with them. It was nice to just get away from the house for a little while, and also, even better, was the chance for Jason to get to talk with some of his buddies from the Marines, in a non-military setting. Linda and I did our best to stay in the background, allowing Jason to have his private conversations. I finally did have to step in though, as Jason forgot his meds, back at the house, and I didn't want him to go too long without them. We left, late afternoon and made the 75 minute drive back to the house.

Otherwise, Jason is continuing to heal, and making general progress with the closing of the wounds. A new one has opened up and we are going to have to get an adjustment to the wearable, I think. I am reaching out to the VA contact person, and seeing what can be done. The new wound, or soar, is a result of pressure being on a new area of his skin. On the positive side, it hasn't grown any, over these past five days.

Linda and I are doing well, and the girls are continuing to grow. They are both with their mother, and on a little vacation. We will be without them for about two weeks, and it really feels kind of strange around here, without them. Jason has been able to speak with them on a somewhat regular basis, so that makes it a little easier on us. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the update!
    Eyewitness testimony of all that Jesus did for you. Praying right now!
    1 John 1:1-4 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He lives! He rose from the dead! Praying that you will always keep your eyes on Him!
    Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018