May 26, 2017

I was thinking that it was about time to get a post out and provide an update on things going on, when I finally logged back on to my own blog. I didn't realize it has been over 3-weeks since my last post, so please accept my apology for taking so long. Part of it is simply that when there was time I was tired, and then there wasn't really a great deal to update about. Then, when there was some news I just didn't seem to get the needed time to get to the blog. Enough excuses... on to the post.

First, Jason is doing well. He is much happier not having the SP tube, going directly into his bladder now, and being to go pee, just like everybody else. The very strong up side to getting rid of the catheter and SP Tube is that it was the main source of infection, and now it is gone. This in itself, is going to make life so much better. The down side is that it is going to take a little bit of time to get his bladder back "into shape" so that he doesn't feel like he has to go find a restroom every hour - makes watching a movie a bit of a challenge. The rest of the changes he is dealing with now are very minor in comparison.

We haven't been able to get out to go do much, for the past several months. That's because his wearable prosthetic is no longer "wearable." We are working with the VA and Aspen/Ride Design on getting him a new one, and it looks like that will be happening sometime in July. Originally it was supposed to be in June, but Jason received a call today, from the folks at Ride Design, that they would be able to get the new wearable sometime in July. He told me they were going to be calling me later today, but I guess it will have to wait until next week now - unless they call me on the weekend, a holiday weekend. Regardless, it will be good for him to get the new prosthetic, so he can get back to a more active life, like he had before.

The girls are growing and Linda and I are doing well. We continue to keep up with all the things going on around here, and we're even trying to put together a garage sale. We still have a bunch of things from our old house, in Livermore, and we need to get rid of it, so we can get the garage back. It will be strange, indeed, to have both the truck and the van in the garage. I think it will make the house look a little better as well. Anyway, that's about all the big news for now. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018