November 18, 2017

It has been an amazing day, and week, for that matter. As I have mentioned, Jason has gotten interested in sled-hockey and prior to this week, he had played in one sled hockey game. He has been working with the team for a few weeks (maybe two months) now and though he is slow and has some difficulty maneuvering he is getting better each time. Well, this week we flew out to Minnesota, Minneapolis specifically, to participate in a sled-hockey tournament.

Linda, Jason and I arrived on Tuesday, to allow him the chance to rest before the first game, and the rest of the team arrived on Wednesday - the day of the first game. Needless to say, the rest of the team was feeling the affects of the day of travel (to fly from San Diego it takes about 8.5 hours due to a lay over, we didn't find any direct flights). When they all got on the ice they did a pretty good job of keeping up with the opposing team, until the third period and then the travel impact showed up. Unfortunately that game was a loss. They took it well and were able to get some rest and were ready to play the next day, yesterday. There were two games that day and the Ducks (Jason's team) won the first game by shutting them out and then the second game by a score of 6 to 2. By doing this they put themselves back in play for the semi-finals... It was the same team they had to play the first game.

This time they were rested and went into the ice rink knowing they had a tough job ahead of them. The opposing team have some very good players and a couple that could possibly play in the next skill level up, of the league. The game was very close all the way to the end, but unfortunately the Ducks lost, by one point. This means that there is no play tomorrow, and the other team will be going on to compete in the championship game. The guys all took it well, and considering the number of new players on the Ducks, it was really amazing that they made it that far. Tonight they all went out to celebrate the event and all the fun they had. Jason went with them (Linda and I did too) and it was really good to see Jason being a part of a team, all made up of others who have experienced injuries.

This is all very good news, and I'm really happy to be able to update you with this. "But what about some pictures?!" You might ask. Well, that's the part that isn't as good as we would have liked. We do have some pictures, and I will get them posted as soon as I can, but the camera had some difficulties and then the battery died. We have a few taken on our cell phones, and I'll have to wait until we get home so that I can down load to the computer. Anyway, there will be some, but please be patient. At this point all I have to say is, "Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive."


Comments

  1. Sounds like the Duck's did an amazing job to get as far as they did! You'll get 'em next year!
    God's holding you up with His right hand! What amazing words of comfort! Always here praying!
    Psalms 18:35-36 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great. Thou hast enlarged my steps under me, that my feet did not slip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His Arms are always wrapped tight around you. He'll never let go! Praying!!!!!
    Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always here praying!
    Psalms 56:3-4 What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These verses show the love the Savior has for you! Am always here praying!
    1 Peter 1:18-19, 21 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot (21) Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018