Visiting Colorado - Friday, March 8 2019

Hello! It has been brought to my attention that I am not doing a very good job of updating the blog and to help rectify that I am putting this update in there...

We are currently in Colorado, and are here to play Sled Hockey! This is Jason's outside activity and he loves it. We drove here from Fallbrook, about 1500 miles, and it was an interesting journey. We were able to stop and visit with my brother Lance and his daughter Jennifer, so that made the trip a bunch easier to handle. Linda didn't come with us this time due to the fact that Gracie does not travel any more and she volunteered to stay home with her. From the reports we're getting, Gracie is doing well and following Linda around, everywhere. The games begin today, and I'll be taking some pictures, but won't be posting until we get back home, where I can down load them on to my home computer. I should be able to provide a bunch more information there, as well.

We got in yesterday evening, about 15 minutes ahead of all the folks that flew. We went into the hotel and checked in and then checked out the rooms, to make sure they would work for Jason, and then I went back to unload the van. While I was walking back to the van, the other folks drove up in their rental van, and it was a great reunion. This morning we head over to the rink and then the day begins with the hockey. They will be playing two games today, and then again tomorrow and once all that is done we find out what happens on Sunday. I'm hoping for an early game Sunday, so we can get back to the hotel and clean up and check out, so that we can start the drive back home.

Also, yesterday was Jason's 8-year anniversary of the blast, and we all had a small celebration with him yesterday. Actually Jason would have rather we didn't but it was fun to embarrass him a little. We had gone to a Chicago Pizza place, with the team, and Matt arranged for them to bring him a giant chocolate chip cookie. We all sang Happy Alive Day (modified Happy Birthday) and that was pretty much it. It was nice that we did, as some of the folks were not aware of any of Jason's injury history. Anyway, as I said, I will be writing more, once we get back home and I can get you all up dated. AND thank you, all for being patient with my lack of entries, I will focus more on getting this going. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Wasn't sure you were going to update anymore. Was so happy to see a new one!
    The Lord will get you through whatever you have to face. Lifting up prayers for you right now!
    Jeremiah 17:7-8 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Alive Day! I will always remember Jason and You!
    Denise Edwards
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018