Better day today, as I was able to work with Jason a bit more and had the opportunity to actually view the wounds, and how they are healing. Most of my concern was a result of the seepage from the skin graft area, though I did not see that yesterday - all I saw was areas of what looked like irritation. I was wrong in my assessment, and I'm happy about that. Jason's attitude and outlook are still very positive and both Linda and I feel he is getting better.

As for visitors, we had Susan and Dwight Sipprelle came to visit and to offer encouragement to Jason (and the rest of the family). Bridgette's mother and brother also came in today, so the family is getting bigger around here. Linda and I have been invited to about 6 different Thanksgiving dinners, so I don't think we're going to be going hungry any time soon. And the visit with the girls at their day care today was wonderful. We didn't spend a great deal of time with them there, but just enough to let them know we were still around and to help get them ready and down for their nap... Linda was in heaven.

The rest of the week is going to continue to be enjoyable, for all of us. Tomorrow Jason goes in for his regular procedure to take a look at the wound vac, and to make an assessment on whether or not it is going to be removed this week. I hope it does get removed, but also recognize that it could be next week before that happens. Thank you, all for your continued prayers and all the support you have been sending.

Comments

  1. Continuing to pray!
    Psalms 139:4-6 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it back safely and everyone is enjoying the Thanksgiving Holiday together!! Praying for Jason's wounds to heal up. I hope that he doesn't rush getting up in the chair too soon and iritate the wounds. I know that the docs will make the judgement call. Give Dr. Malone a hug and wish her a Happy Thanksgiving.


    All our best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
    Psalms 139:7-10 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)