Our trip home was uneventful, except for a small switch problem on the Delta Airlines airplane. As a result of that switch problem we were delayed taking off from Washington by an hour, and as the ripple effect goes, our flight out of Salt Lake City was missed. We ended up staying in Salt Lake City for about five hours then took another flight home. That's twice now we've flown Delta and twice that there has been an equipment malfunction that has caused us to be late. Now, I don't mind traveling with safety, and I believe in correcting all issues BEFORE taking off - so that's not the issue. The issue is, as I see it, why the heck are their planes having such problems so frequently. I am getting to the point where I really don't want to fly Delta any more because I don't trust them to keep up with their maintenance. Problem is that these flights are donations and we really don't have a great deal of input to decide which airline to travel on. Maybe we can just buy our own tickets next time.

That reminds me... I have a job interview on Monday! It will be the first I've had in nearly two years, so I am pretty excited. Don't get me wrong, I've spoken with recruiters in the past, and those have all been good, it is just that this is really with the employer, and it is a second round of interviewing. Wish me luck.

Jason is going to be getting an update on his wounds and the wound vac tomorrow, and we are all hopeful that the news will be as good as it can be. If it is, it would mean that the vac is coming off and that in about another 10 days (maybe sooner) he would be able to finally get back into a chair. Now that would bring up another challenge, where the folks responsible of the prosthetic parts, including his seat, will need to get his chair and seat ready. With the removal of the HO, a couple of months back, the previous seat will no longer be functional for him.... I guess the excitement just never ends. I will be keeping you all up on what happens and all I can do is thank you, for your continued support and prayers.

Comments

  1. Life can seem so overwhelming at times. God can seem so very far away. He's always there, especially when the times are the hardest! Praying! And adding prayers about the job interview!
    Psalms 13:1-6 How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? ... Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, ... But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by to let you know I'm praying!
    John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for the interview!!! Delta is as Shauna says an acronym: Doesn't Ever Leave The Airport...
    I have only flown them once and ....they were delayed. Two hours and I missed my connection too.
    Hugs to all of you and let us know how the interview goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am here praying for your family!
    John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Advent begins we're reminded that we have hope because that babe in a manger grew up and died for our salvation! Praying!
    Galatians 4:4-6 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  6. Living in Seattle you have to deal with a lot of storms. Living, you have to deal with a lot of storms. What a blessing we have an anchor no matter how bad the storms get!
    Hebrews 6:17-20a Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath: That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus...
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  7. HEy George- How do I send a snail mail Christmas card to Jason? Bet some others here might want to as well.
    cheers, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. No matter what happens in life, the Lord is always there! Praying!
    Habakkuk 3:17-19 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places...
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)