Well, we arrived yesterday and made our way to the hospital, here in Bethesda. We got to visit with Bridgette, Stacy and Jackie at first, and the girls were very surprised to see us. It was a great reunion, and I think it made Linda feel very good. The girls were all over her with hugs and kisses. After that encounter we went over to see Jason and found out that he wanted Taco Bell - so I headed down to pick up the order and, as usual, the order was goofed up - just not too bad this time. We stayed and visited for a short while, and then Bridgette and the girls also came over. About an hour later they went home and then we left another hour after that. Besides, we were getting tired and it was getting late.

It seems that Jason's recent skin graft is taking well, and in a matter of another 10 days or so he is supposed to be getting in his chair again - FINALLY! I am anxious for this to happen, as I need to know that he can get around again. I have seen some of the changes of his body, now that the surgeries are completed, and I am uncomfortable. I'm glad that we get to speak with the doctors tomorrow, and that we're actually going to get out with Jason and move around the base a bit. He will be heading down to one of the offices to take care of some personal business, and he will be "driving" his prone cart. I haven't see him operate it yet, so I hope it helps to assuage some of my concerns. His attitude and demeanor is still very positive and up beat, and that is a very good thing.

When Linda and I first got to the hospital we came across a couple of folks that we knew from the past, when we were here prior, and they were very excited to see us. It felt good to be here again, and be around people who were working to help - Tomorrow I hope to be able to get down to the MATC to see where Jason is getting his therapy, and ask what their plans are for his development, as well as where do they plan to keep the paragolfer, when it gets here at the end of next week. Unfortunately we won't be here to see it delivered. I will be doing my best to provide updates daily, while we're here and I would like to thank you, all for all your continued prayers and support.

Comments

  1. So glad you made it!
    Always praying!
    Psalms 139:1-3 O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)