November 29, 2015

These past few days have been kind of crazy busy, with guests coming in and visiting. Some staying over night. Some were relatives and others family, yet all were great to have around. On Thursday - you remember, Thanksgiving Day, we had 9 dinner guests. I cooked a 25+ lbs bird, so there was enough to go around, just not much left in the way of left overs. Jason was able to come  out and join us, and that was a very good thing. He was only able to stay out for a couple of hours (longer than I thought he would), then had to get back to the bed. The girls were totally enjoying all the new people and getting to show them around the house. Let's see if I can remember everybody - Linda's parents, Joe and Jessie, Loretta, Steve and Tina, Jason and the the girls, Stacy and Jackie, and then Linda and I... I think that's everybody.

The rest of the days consisted of family and friends coming over. Our nephew Jeff (Major Jeff Lascurain, USAF) came by with his wife and daughters. Actually, Joyce, Jeff's mom brought them all over. We hadn't seen Jeff and Kitty (his wife) in a couple of years, as he is living on the other side of the country. We had a great talk, and he was able to spend some time with Jason. They are only about a year apart in age, and growing up they spent a good amount of time together. Funny how their lives took such radically different directions, yet they both ended up with military careers.

Yesterday, our son David and his wife Miriam came over with their two boys, Dylan and Ethan, so we were able to spend some time with all four of our grand children. What was particularly nice was that they were able to spend several hours with us, and David was able to help me with some of the "chores" around the house. Actually, at one point, all the grand kids were involved with helping us... and we still managed to get somethings done. Dylan, Stacy and Jackie picked a bunch of avocados from the two trees that are still producing. The quality of the fruit is pretty low, but it was still fun for them to work together.

Even today turned in to a special day as another couple, long time friends, came by and visited. We have been hoping they would be able to come down for a visit, and now it has happened. They were one of the first families we got to know, after we moved in to Livermore, all those years ago. Our youngest, Sean, wasn't even a year old yet. There youngest son, and our son David became friends and we've all stayed close over the years. They are now retired and get to do some of the things we all would like to do, like take day trips and weekend trips, and even week trips, whenever they want to. We are hoping to be able to do that soon - okay, maybe another year or two.

Next week begins December, the last month of the year. Hard to believe this year is coming to a close. So much has happened, and no doubt will just simply continue. Jason continues to gain a little more mobility, every day, so we're all optimistic with his progress. I think we've possibly found a new church home, though it is a little different from what we've typically attended. We have been going to Presbyterian churches these past few decades, and now we're looking at an Evangelical church. The interesting thing is that they aren't that far apart. The girls seem to be happy there as well, so we'll give it a little time and see how it works out. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Glad you were able to have so many special people coming over. And yes, it's hard to believe we're almost to the last month of yet another year!
    Praying to our Rock and Fortress!
    Psalms 31:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in the Lord's Hands! He knows everything you're going through! Praying!
    Psalms 31:5, 7-8 Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth (7-8) I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities; And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always put your hope in the Lord! Praying right now!
    Psalms 31:14-16, 24 But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God. My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me. Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake. (24) Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)