April 2, 2016

Well, today was a full day of Linda not being here and we managed to get through the day without making any big mess of the place. Well, actually, Joyce Orrell came over for a couple of hours to give me a chance to take care of a couple of tasks, and even get some rest. As it was I just ran down to the store to pick up a few things that Jason had wanted and then came back. It was nice, getting a chance to just sit down and talk with Joyce for a little while, and then she had to take off for a friend's wedding.

Actually, a little later, about 1/2 hour after Joyce left, I did lay down on the couch so that the girls could play and I could get a little rest. I guess I started to drift off to sleep because the next thing I know is Stacy is crawling up on me and she wants to take a nap with Grandpa. Jackie goes into Jason's room and they watch a cartoon/movie about dinosaurs and Stacy and I fall asleep on the couch. Stacy is sound asleep when I wake, about an hour later and my arm has fallen asleep. I manage to get her up and then I get up and shake off my arm-sleep.  I tell Stacy I need to get up anyway, so I can fix dinner, so she joins Jackie with Jason.

I fix chicken and rice with vegetables for dinner, and pretty close to our regular time, dinner is ready. The vegetables are a little different from what I normally prepare and Jackie will have nothing to do with the squash. Oh, well - she'll learn to enjoy the different foods as she grows. She does eat the rest of her dinner and she and Stacy both enjoy their desserts and I get to clean the kitchen. The evening went very well and Jason pretty much stayed down most of the day.

Linda did call and it sounds like she is having a good time, and maybe even getting a little rest and relaxation in. They have gone to an amusement area as well as a "stampede" for dinner. They also had a chance for a massage and make over, that I know she has been wanting. Tonight she is having some wine with her new friends and just enjoying the time. It will be good to get her back home, though, as I always enjoy her being here.

Jason's wounds are continuing to improve so that is all good, and perhaps, over the next couple of weeks they will be nearly closed, if not completely closed. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. The Lord is with you wherever you are! Know that I'm praying!
    Psalms 139:7-10 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What words of comfort. Praying right now!
    Psalms 139:17-18 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing promises! Praying!
    Revelation 7:16-17 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018