April 29, 2016

Yesterday, Linda and I took off, in the morning, to go up to her folks place, just a little north of here (and south of Los Angeles). They needed some help with a couple of items, at their home, and it also gave us an opportunity to just spend some time with them; something we don't get to do as often as we'd like. And, as a result of us taking off, Jason was on his own. We were able to stay for a very nice dinner and then we got to watch the new Gary Sinise show, Criminal Minds - Beyond Borders, with them. They had recorded it specifically so we could watch it together.

Actually, Jason was only on his own for about an hour, but it still felt kind of good to know that he was getting healed up enough that there really wasn't much that could happen in that time frame, that would put him in jeopardy of any kind. Joselyn, whom I've mentioned in this blog several times, was able to come to the house and spend the day with Jason, and as it turned out, her son Bobby was able to come up with her. Bobby and Jason have become pretty good buddies and share many of the same likes and dislikes, and Bobby is awesome when it comes to cleaning guns. Jason had both of them helping him do a few things he has been wanting to do, and was reluctant to ask us to do extra work for him. The Wounded Warrior Family Support organization is providing the funds that allow Joselyn to come to the house and this way she is compensated, yet it provides a very flexible schedule, and that is something we very much need.

We returned from our visit with Linda's parents a little after 21:00 (traffic really wasn't too bad for the most part, and the drive home only took about 80 minutes) and apparently Joselyn and Bobby had left just a short while ahead of us. We came in to the house and did our best to not make too much noise, and it was a good thing - - - Jason was asleep. We took care of a few things and then we were also in bed, about an hour or so later. We talked with Jason this morning and he was full of all kinds of energy, telling us about all the different things he was able to get accomplished and it made us feel pretty good. We are always concerned about taking off, and knowing that he not only had a good time, he was also safe.

This weekend we have the girls with us, and we plan on making this a fun weekend for all of us. Not sure of everything we'll do, but I do know that they want to go to Linda Vista Park, which is close by and is now one of their favorite places. Linda is already gearing up for Summer, and looking for activities for them, and my guess is that she'll be keeping them pretty busy. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. The Lord is holding your hand right now! Know that I'm here praying!
    Psalms 73:23-26 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He hears. He answers, in His own way, in His own time. Praying!
    Psalms 130:1-2, 5-7 Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD. Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications (5-7) I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning. Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep your eyes on the Lord! Call to Him! Am praying to Him right now!
    2 Samuel 22:2-3, 7 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. (7) In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter what's happening, the Lord is with you! Praying!
    2 Samuel 22:29-33 For thou art my lamp, O LORD: and the LORD will lighten my darkness. For by thee I have run through a troop: by my God have I leaped over a wall. As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him. For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God? God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018