December 19, 2016

It has been nearly three weeks since my last update, so I figured I should put something up, and besides, we had a special visitor today, and that made it all the more important that I post something. We have most of the Christmas preparations completed, with a few shopping runs still to be made. The general attitude of the household is very positive and we're having fun. The girls are with us for the next several days, as Jason made this a "vacation" period so the girls simply stay with us until the 30th.

I took them out to go riding their bikes, over at the school. I really should be getting them out more often because I think it would be great for them to be able to go for a short ride with me. Right now they don't have the riding skills down very well, and need more practice. After the riding was done we came back to the house and had some lunch. Linda wanted to get some additional decorations up, inside the house (the outside looks pretty good and we're all happy with how it looks). Personally I think the inside decorations look good, but Linda wants just a little more. I would have said it was because of the special visitor (see below) except that she was already working on these additions prior to knowing about the visit.

The special visitor was Santa, and the girls had no idea he was coming. They were very excited to see him, and I was able to get a couple of photos, I just wish I had been holding the camera just a little more square. Santa stayed for about 10 - 15 minutes and then he had to get moving; he had other stops to get in, today. It feels like we're really getting settled in to this new home and town. Oh, and one more thing... yes, that is a tall tree, close to 14 feet.



Jason is also staying busy with his mead. I don't know exactly what it is called, but we kind of refer to it as "brewing." There just isn't any real brewing involved. He asked Sean to draw a logo of sorts, for the bottles, and he came up with Wolf Head Mead. I can't show it yet, and you'll just have to trust me when I tell you it looks really cool. As this endeavor develops I'll let you know more. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. So glad to have this post to read! Have a wonderful Christmas! Think about all of you often.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018