March 02, 2017

Apologies for the lack of updates, over these past few weeks, but I have been busy with a few other things. Linda was off on a retreat, actually two, and that meant I was flying solo for a couple weeks. In the mean time things have happened, that are positive, and Linda came back feeling recharged and better - and that's good for me.

First, Jason has been going to the gym now, for a few weeks, and the results are already showing up. I am happy to say that you can see some definition starting to show in his arms and shoulders, and he is feeling better because of it. Another positive side is that I have been going with him (most of the time) and I'm getting a little benefit from the gym as well (more on that later). The down side is that it is causing his overall body shape to change some and he doesn't fit in the wearable as he did before. This is causing some other challenges.

The wearable is designed to "hold and lift" Jason so that the pressure on his wound and bottom are is reduced and eliminated. With the body shape change it is unable to do the same level of support. As a result Jason is now experiencing the old shearing problem that he had before. The one open wound has changed to three, though all three are small. We are working with the folks at Ride Design (Rob) and it looks like a new insert is going to have to be built. Our hope is that we won't have to travel to get this done, as travel is not one of Jason's favorite things to do. Especially when it is over a long distance, and in an airplane.

Otherwise, his spirits are up and he is still as positive as always. He is still making his mead and has a batch (not sure what the technical term is for new mead) coming along that should provide him with several bottles. The funny part is that he makes it, bottles it, and then gives most of it away. He hardly ever drinks any of it himself. I do know of a couple people who have been given a bottle, and I have heard them ask him if he is going to make more, so I take that as a positive sign that they like it.

The girls are growing and enjoying their time with us, and especially some recent fun with Daddy. Jason took the girls to the "Father-Daughter" Dance at the school, and they had a great time. I didn't stay, though I did do the driving. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures with my camera, so I don't have any to post right now. I did get a couple with my cell phone/camera, but haven't quite figured out how to down load to the computer... I'll work on that today.

We have a couple of  new cabinets, and shelves that Jason ordered, coming in to the house. They are sitting in the garage, right now, waiting to be finished. I know we're all going to be happy to see them installed, so that we can get some additional books and other things displayed. Some of the shelving is going in Jason's bedroom, and he will be able to get some of his "toys" displayed, that are currently just sitting in boxes, and that will free up some floor space.

This weekend we are celebrating Jason's Alive-Day anniversary, as it will be six-years! It is pretty amazing how far he has come, and how far we have also come along on this journey. From being listed as a very high probability of dying, to now a strong and thriving man, Jason continues to amaze the medical world, and those that come to meet him. It isn't going to be as big of event as the five-year event, but then it isn't supposed to be. We've decided that we're going to make the every five-year make the big one, so in 2021 we're going to have a big party again!

This last part, really has nothing to do with Jason's progress, or the family, it is about a recent trip to In-N-Out burger. Linda and I drove through the drive-through and ordered two double-doubles and two single protein burgers. The total came to $14.92. For those that know me, I like to reference any numbers I can to historic dates, and I thought this was a big one. I asked the first person if they knew the importance of 1492, and she said no, she didn't recognize it and, "...didn't do well in history." So I told her and drove on, a little disappointed.  The next window is where I paid for it, and again the young man sitting there didn't know what 1492 represented, and now I was a little more disappointed. Finally we came to the pick-up window and this last person, who did appear to be maybe a little older than the other two, and again, she had no idea what the date was, or even who Columbus was. Linda and I were absolutely incredulous. What is being taught in schools? Granted, there is a great deal of evidence that others came to the North American continent before Christopher Columbus, but he was effectively the reason others began to go exploring more, and the settlements turned in to multiple countries. PLEASE, PLEASE educate your children, our future!

Okay, got that off my chest... Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers, take care and stay positive -

Comments

  1. It's sad that Jason is working hard at the gym but having to "pay" for it. Praying that it can be dealt with quickly!
    What comfort these words give! Praying right now!
    Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018