September 22, 2017

Sorry for the delay in getting this out, but for whatever reason, yesterday I was unable to get the network to connect, and finally just went to bed... Having said that, Here's the blog post for September 21, 2017.

Things are going pretty good right now. Jason is feeling positive about his new hockey interest and he is exercising to be able to provide a better showing on the ice. He is about the biggest player on the ice, so it will be interesting to see just how much better of a presence  he will bring. Saturdays are going to be almost exclusively focused on Hockey now, along with some Tuesdays and Thursdays. I know some of the days will be a challenge, but he's going to do his best to be there.

Jason did something a little different, and that is he went to a movie, with a friend, while I didn't go. In the past 6 1/2 years I think this was the first time for that to happen, and it was really kinda strange for me. I'm getting ahead of myself... Jason and I went to Balboa, for a scheduled appointment, and while there we met a corpsman, named Danielle. I very pretty young woman who has an outgoing personality. I recognized that they enjoyed talking to each other, so I let them do just that, and did my best to not interfere. Jason invited her to come over the next day, and maybe go out and do something, and so she accepted. They actually ended up going to dinner and then to a movie.

As it turned out, Linda was supposed to head off to N. Carolina in the morning, Wednesday, but because of a number of hiccups I wasn't able to get her to the airport on time (mostly because of construction and road maintenance). She at the counter to check her bags with 40 minutes prior to the flight, she needed 45, and they wouldn't allow her to catch the flight. As it turned out it gave us another day together, and so I was good with that, and I think Linda was, too. This turned into a nice relaxed day for us, and that evening when Jason was out with Danielle, we had the house to ourselves, for a couple hours. It all ended at about 8PM, as that was when we had to leave to get back to the airport, and she did with plenty of time to spare... She made it to North Carolina.

Yesterday Jason made soup for dinner, and it was quite good. I don't know what he calls it, but it has potatoes, vegetables, and bratwurst, and some very good spices. Danielle came over for dinner, again and this time brought along a friend, Shannon (I think). They both came from the High Caliber horse ranch, where they volunteer. I joined them at the table, and after dinner I excused myself so they could have dessert (that chocolate dessert he likes to make, and I won't eat - I can't eat chocolate). They stayed for a couple of hours and then left sometime in the evening. Since I had excused myself I had already said my good-byes and went back to watch a movie with Luna, the cat.

This morning I got up at about my normal time, about 07:00 and went and checked on Jason. He is usually awake, so I was actually pleased to see that he was still sleeping. I figured he had had a good time visiting. They are simply friends right now, and that is good. I'm just glad to see him doing a little more to expand his social range, and take another step in rebuilding his life.  Thanks, for all the continued prayers and support. Take care and stay positive. (Linda is not here for the next 9days, so there won't be any proof reading by her - - apologies for any boo-boo's).

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018