January 5, 2018

Wow! What a great day to be getting back on to the blog. I did a quick check of the stats and it indicates it has been viewed over 300K times. A bunch of folks out there (all of you) seem to want to keep up-to-date on what is going on with Jason's life. Well, I'll start out with - He's doing great! He has had a few pot holes to maneuver around, and there have been some set backs along the way, but over all it is a positive journey. I'm just glad now, that I am healing from the flu and I can get some more information out to everyone. I actually got sick several days (a couple of weeks?) ago.

Jason is still very engaged with his sled hockey and we're doing what we can to get things going for him, so that he can play just as aggressively as he would like to. Because of his particular injuries he has to wear the wearable prosthetic just about anytime he is up. Yeah, he can get around without it, but only for a short while, and that pretty much only happens at home. Because of the prosthetic he sits higher in/on his sled than the other players and this makes it a little more difficult to maneuver and thus he is slower. Well, we're working with the VA and a couple of other prosthetic companies, on getting him a new prosthetic, and that should help to translate to a new sled. All this does take time, but that starting point has been passed, and we're moving forward. We will be going to a couple of those new companies next week, and seeing just how much we can get done.

Okay, a minor change in one of the things about Jason, and that is best described in the pictures below. Sorry I didn't get anything better, but you will see just how much his hair had grown. I did get to bring some of the hair home to Linda, and she has now secured it away (Jason thought it was kind of silly, but it made Mom happy). Oh, and yes, those are his arms, as he is doing his best to get some extra exercise on them guns.

Christmas was relaxed, as was the in coming New Year Day. Like I said, I wasn't feeling too particularly good (still not 100%), so relaxed and quite worked well for me. The girls were with their mother, so we didn't get to see them until a few days after Christmas, and then it rolled into the new year. We're actually pretty happy to see next week come, as it kind of starts the "more normal" flow of life for us. The girls will be getting back to school, and we will be working on getting things cleaned up and packed away.

Anyway, For all of you out there... HAPPY NEW YEAR!! May this be the best year ever!

Sitting in Barber Shop waiting to get a haircut. Jan. 3, 2018


After the haircut, going back to tip the barber.

Comments

  1. Hope something can be figured out so that he can play hockey on an even keel with the others!
    The Lord is always with you! Continuing to pray for you!
    Psalms 142:1-3a I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication. I poured out my complaint before him; I shewed before him my trouble. When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018