April 29, 2018

I know I haven't been keeping up with the blog and posting as often as I said I would, but I guess that's what happens when the days really do start to seem more normal, and don't feel like there is much to update about. Then when there is something exciting going on, by the time I can get to the blog I'm pretty well worn out for the day and then I'm slow to get to it afterward. Well, I will continue to provide updates, as I can and we'll just have to see where it takes us.

Jason's sled hockey season is over and he had a great time with it. He was not able to go to the final tournament, in Chicago, due to travel challenges. First challenge was simply getting there - there really isn't any way to get there, that doesn't simply totally wear him out, and then he needs the next day to recover. We think we may have figured out a way around this, though it actually means more travel time, rather than recovery time. We have found a van that can provide a resting environment, where Jason can lay down for most of the ride, and then he can be effectively ready the next day, after getting there. Still a few kinks to be worked out, but it is looking better, and once we do have it I will be sure to give the blog an update.

Otherwise the skating allowed Jason the ability to get out and do something; allowed him to interact with other people (both men and women skaters); and, most importantly it gave him a new thing to go explore with his girls. This past weekend was open skating and family time on the ice, and Stacy jumped at the chance to get on the ice with her dad. Jackie started to then became very nervous and didn't want to go. I told her it was okay, and that she would have other opportunities to get to know the ice and that she didn't have to go right then. Below you can see a video of Jason and Stacy, on the ice, and she did really well. She actually first tried to get out on skates, but didn't feel comfortable, so finding out the sleds were available she jumped on it very quickly. I, myself, put on a pair of hockey skates and went out on the ice to get the video - first time for wearing skates in about 20 years. I was a bit shaky, yet managed to stay up until I got off the ice.

Jason has decided that he wants to have more chickens around the house, so he's building a larger enclosure, and we will soon have 12 chickens, instead of just five. The funny thing is that we are now getting more eggs than we normally use, and our guess is that we're going to be having even more eggs, and we'll need to find some good homes so people can have fresh eggs for breakfast, or for whatever they wan to use them for. Jason is putting a lot of work in to this new "chicken-run" and is probably going to be building a new hen house/chicken coop.

We all went to the Renaissance Fair, in Encinitas today, and we all had a great time. We got there a short time after they opened up and the first thing was for the girls to get their "Treasure Maps." We were there for a full four hours (maybe a little more) and by the time the girls finished their maps it was time to come home. People were very friendly and enjoyed talking with Jason, as well as having fun with the girls. Linda and I did our best to allow them, Jason and the girls, to have their family time together, and Grandma and Grandpa were just along. By the time we did get home, Jason was worn down pretty good and went straight to bed. Funny part is that just a short time after getting home the girls asked about going for a bike ride with Grandpa, because they hadn't been on one in several weeks. As it turned out Stacy had a flat tire and her bike needed some other attention so we didn't get to go for a ride. We did get over to the bike shop and found a new bike for both of them, so it turned out okay and everybody was happy. Now, I do need to be clear... we didn't purchase new bikes, just found something when the time comes TO purchase new bikes.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the photos below, and can see that Jason and his girls are doing well. Thank you, for continuing to read this blog, and please feel free to leave comments, as it is open again, and I think it would be good. Take care and continue to keep Jason and the family in your thoughts and prayers.

Jason and Stacy on the ice together for the first time.


Stacy getting a feel for how to propel herself on the ice

Stacy and Jackie getting ready to go to school

Comments

  1. It is a privilege to have met you and follow the progress of such and incredible human being and your family. Every picture brings a smile to face for your family.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus is our anchor no matter what storm hits. Continuing to lifting you up to your only true Anchor!
    Hebrews 6:17-20a Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath: That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can rest and be at peace for the Lord has all things in His Hands! Always here praying!
    Psalms 116:5-7 Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful. The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me. Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lord knows everything you're going through, even every thought you have. He's with you through whatever you have to face! Know that I'm here praying right now!
    Psalms 139:1-3 O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're in His Almighty Hands! Praying!
    Romans 8:16-18 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I'm praying!
    Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Know that I'm here praying!
    Psalms 121:7-8 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is only One who truly hears and is capable of helping! Always here praying!
    Psalms 5:1-3 Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation. Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray. My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Good Shepherd always has you in His loving arms! Praying right now!
    Psalms 23:3-4 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Comforting words from your Savior! Know that I'm here praying!
    Psalms 18:1-3a I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised...

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Lord is the only ohw you can truly trust at all times! Praying to Him for you!
    Psalms 40:3-4a And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust...

    ReplyDelete

  12. Hello, I live up on Fallsbrae Rd and have been reading your blog for awhile now. I haven’t seen any recent posts and I’m hoping all is good. I’m sure you folks are super busy but I just want you to know I keep your family and Jason in my prayers. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. During the darkest hours, the Lord's light shines through. Am here lifting up prayer!
    2 Samuel 22:29 For thou art my lamp, O LORD: and the LORD will lighten my darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what words of comfort! Lifting up prayer right now!
    Psalms 9:9-10 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)