Linda and I came out to spend some time with Jason and the family and then go to the Inauguration, and while here he informed us that he and Bridgette were getting a divorce. This, as you might expect, was a bit of a surprise to us, and we let him know that we were here to support him in any way we can. As a result I will be staying here as his new Non-Medical Attendant (NMA). It wasn't what was planned when we left Livermore, but it is something that Linda and I are committed to do, and he wants (needs?) us to be here. Linda will be returning home as planned.

When we saw the girls, Stacy and Jackie, they came running up to us and they were all smiles and happy. It was really great to see them again. We did spend most of the day with Jason and he only had a couple of appointments early in the morning. He is still taking some antibiotics, and he takes care of this pretty much on his own. I will be doing my first dressing change from him tomorrow, and then we'll be moving forward from there. Basically his wounds are still in the healing mode, and there is some work to be done. Because I am going to be filling in as the NMA now I have had to again step away from the job I was doing (chauffeuring) and they were very good about it. Basically, if I want to come back the door is open, so that's nice to know.

While there we got a chance to speak with Congressman Eric Swalwell, our new Congressman from the 16th district which includes Livermore. It wasn't the first time for me to have met him, though it was for everybody else there. A few other folks came around and then Melissa Jarbo showed up (she is a friend of ours) and then we had a pretty large group of people standing around in the lobby of Building 62, where the Wounded Warriors stay. Congressman Swalwell brought us our tickets for the Inauguration, and it showed where we would be sitting. We have some very nice seats, and it looks like a natural area where Jason should be able to move to a resting area, if he is in need. Melissa heads up the Jamie Jarbo Foundation, and Jason was in the hospital very close to the same time that Jamie was there, Jason arrived in early March 2011 and Jamie showed up in early April 2011 - Jamie died 11 months later.

Perhaps it is the shock of this new change, but I really don't have much more to write about, right now. I will be going back to my daily blog entries again, at least for the time being, so be prepared to have some new reading material. Thank you, for all your continued prayers and support.


  1. I know you will all come out of this. You will have our prayers to keep you going and, hopefully, our new Congressman will be an ally. Bless you all.

  2. Wow. I would have gotten up at 4 dark thirty if I had known it would be the last time I got to see you for a long time. Certainly glad we got to see the Giants game for your big 60 last year, George! I hope you all do really get to see the Inaugration and all goes smoothly. I hope Jason has a very warm coat and thermals. You have our support and prayers my friends! Take deep breaths and stay positive. This will all work out for the best. Take pics on Monday!!!!!

    All our best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014