August 17, 2017

Happy Birthday, Babe! I call Linda, my wife, Babe. I won't mention how old she is today, but she is four years younger than me and this past July I turned 65... ;-)

This past week Jason and the rest of the family (me, Linda, Stacy and Jackie) all went to a hockey game. It was one that a friend of his was playing in and he had invited Jason to come out and watch. It was kinda fun and quite cold (we were right at the ice and were not dressed for it). "Mac" (One of Jason's EOD buddies from Okinawa) and his team won their game, and apparently it was a first round playoff game. Afterward we were all talking and Jason said he would have enjoyed playing and we found out that there is a league of disabled players playing what is called sled-hockey. This coming weekend Jason and I will be heading out to find out a little more about it, and see if it is something he can get into. The real fun part is that we need to be there at 06:30 in the morning and it is about 30 minutes away... yeah, that means I need to be up and moving a little after 05:00.

This weekend we're also putting together a birthday party for Jackie, and including Linda and myself, since our birthdays were recent. We'll have about 12 people over and I'll do some grilling, and the kids will have a great time. Two of Jason's brothers will also be here, David and Sean, and David's family. Along with them we get to see Nana and Tata - Linda's parents and a couple of friends from church and their kids. In total, I'll be cooking for 17, depending on if any more show up.

The girls have started school again, and it is too early to tell if they like their new school or not. We have some waiting to do, to figure that one out. Jason's wounds are still healing up well and we are all very pleased at how progress is being made. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Oh I hope it works out and Jason can play hockey! That would be great!!!!!!!!
    No matter what happens, you're safe in the arms of Jesus. Praying right now!
    Psalms 139:4-6 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018