April 18, 2012

Jason only had two appointments today, and then we went back home. The appointments were for PT and then OT, and they were back-to-back. Funny thing about PT is that the appointment comes up as a 30 minute session, and he usually spends an hour or more there. He is worked pretty good, and the biggest thing they are working on right now is loosening up his shoulder and back muscles. One of the therapists commented that she usually just has to push a little on the guys shoulders to get them to move some, with Jason she is putting her entire weight in the push and it still barely gives. He really needs this attention and treatment. While Jason was getting his treatment I took Tommy, the PT dog, for a walk. Tommy is almost always at PT and frequently is up on the table with Jason or one of the other guys. Most of the folks there say his name should be Eeyore, from Winnie the Pooh because he shows almost no energy at any time. He just walks around with his tail wagging, looking for attention and/or food. After PT Jason went to OT and there the 30 minute session is usually just that, and sometimes less, if they can get everything accomplished. Sometimes there is overlap in what the two (PT & OT) do, but Jason still gets a good work out.

Once we were done with the appointments we came back to the house and just kicked back for a little while, and then later in the day we went and explored the possible day care areas for the girls. We are hoping that they can get into one of the up coming slots that are now available. We'll see how that turns out. Jason was particularly impressed with the one center, as it is literally less than a year old and all the equipment still looks very good and has the newness still about it.

Once we were done with all the looking around we decided to go out to dinner and used one of the gift cards we have been given. We went to Red Lobster and enjoyed being able to just sit and talk and not have to deal with any outside distractions. Also, most of the time, when the girls are not with us, Jason eats his dinners in bed, so that he doesn't spend any more time in the chair than he needs to. So, today was the first time we have had dinner together, since about two weeks ago, and I didn't have to do the cooking.

That was the end of the day, and now I'm getting the last of the blog typed up. Tomorrow is a very big day for us, and we are hoping to hear the results of the big doctor meeting soon afterward. This is the one where they will be discussing what can be done for Jason's HO and some pain relief. This is definitely something that I would like to have prayers going towards. Thank you, for your continued support and prayers.


  1. Praying!
    Psalms 27:13-14: I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
    My email address

  2. Absolutely count on our Prayers for Jason. He is in great hands. He looks stronger since the last time I saw him. So happy to see him with his daughters, they will give him more strengths.

    Your Friends in DC/VA

    Marc and Caroll Tarter


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014