April 20, 2012

Today was an interesting day in that Jason had one scheduled appointment that was set for 15 minutes. Yep, 15 minutes and it was the only appointment on the schedule. It was with the Orthopedics team, and since we are working pretty closely with them right now we both considered it to be a very important appointment that we didn't want to miss. It said to get there 15 minutes early so we could check in and be ready when the appointment was to start. Now, all of that sounds fine so far, and we did get there 15 minutes early. Jason went up to the counter and Larry and I went over and sat down in the waiting area. Jason came on over and we started to talk; and, we talked for about 30 minutes. I went up and asked if Jason was going to be going in soon and I was told he was going to be next. Then they called two other patients who went in, and that kind of bothered me a little. Jason wanted to pick up a new Rx since we were at the hospital and said I'm going to get my prescription going, and while he was gone, nothing happened (fooled you, you thought I was going to say they called his name). They didn't call his name until almost 20 minutes later. We went in and there was the Ortho doc, who knew us and he asked, "Why are you here?" We replied, "Because Jason was given an appointment to be here. Its on the list, so we come." He said it didn't make any sense, since they just did the assessment yesterday there was no reason to have Jason in today. We ended up spending nearly 90 minutes for a 15 minute appointment. The doctor did apologize a couple of times, and you could tell he was a bit embarrassed, though I don't think he actually had anything to do with it.

After that appointment Jason wanted to head over to the Credit Union to check on one of the accounts he has set up for the girls, and we were still able to get back to the house and just before noon. I fixed him and I lunch (normally Larry fixes his lunch, but I decided to do it, since I was there anyway). I made a couple of hamburgers (cheese burgers actually) and they came out really good. After he ate he took a little nap and I kind of just relaxed and took the rest of the day off. Not much else happened with Jason, except that we did have a visit from Bob Hammer. He stayed for a short visit and then left. It was nice to see him and it is always good to have company.

Not sure what is going to be happening tomorrow. It all really depends on how Jason is feeling. I would like to make a run out to Costco, to pick up a few things, but really not too much. We might get out and go do something else, but right now I am not aware of any other plans. So with that I'll sign off now and Thank you, for all your continued support and prayers.


  1. 90 minutes in the chair for a 15 minute appt. that wasn't really an appt. ?????? DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE!!

    All my best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

  2. Sorry, as you can tell I was upset with the doctors!!


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014