September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

Jason had a pretty good day today, though I am sure he would like to get off of some of the meds, antibiotics, and other things - but generally a good day. He had some nice visitors, one of whom was President Obama, again. Jason said he came in and gave Jason one of those "Good Old Boys" kind of punch on his shoulder. Jason thought it was kind of amusing that the President considers him more on a personal level now. I think this is he third visit, so maybe he is... ;-) His other special visitor was Kelly Carlson, an actress who has learned of Jason via Bob Hamer. Bob is a friend and also noted author, that has gotten to know Jason and me, over these past several months while down in San Diego.

Jason will be going through a number of procedures, along with the surgeries he is having to endure, so he is quite anxious to get all this done, as he would like to be able to get out of his room. The folks are all being supportive and doing what they can to make him comfortable, but some of the steps (such as antibiotics and wound vacs) just seem to take forever to complete. His spirits are up and he is looking forward to seeing us in a few days, and so are we. Thank you, all, for all the support and continued prayers.

Comments

  1. That's really exciting! Praying in Seattle for Jason's recovery!
    Psalms 28:6-7 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awesome that the president is there cheering him on! I wish everyday that Jason's recovery is smooth and fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continued prayers. His girls will bring great speed into his recovery time. Kids have a way of doing that.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you are going to visit. It is terrific that President Obama came to visit again. I know Jason is anxious to be able to get out and do more...I can only imagine the patience and fortitude it takes to keep on the path of healing. Hugs to you all and please hug Shauna when you see her too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The least the President could do!!! I'm glad he reads his emails :-) Jason, I'm praying for you as well as many others so hold that close. You are amazing and I know you will be doing better soon. Your girls are so darn cute and sweethearts. Jackie cracks me up. We had a little "party" for Stacy at Beebs and Jackie was hungry and anxious for her food. She just put her forehead down on the table and stayed there for a minute. Waiting was just too hard for her :-) She's so funny. Stacy is getting taller and prettier as the days go by as if that is possible. Have a great visit with your folks!!

    Sending you prayers and as always,
    All our best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, i am so glad he is doing well. i was one of the ones that was helping DOC with him when he got hurt, the last time i saw him was when we put him in the bird. im so glad i found this, it really helped me with some of my own problems.

    Thank you Sir,
    GySgt Foster III J.M. john.m.foster@usmc.mil

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)