August 7, 2013

Today was a pretty big day for Jason, because he finally got his new seats for his wheelchair. He got two of them, and he said they were both comfortable, and felt better than his previous seats. Along with the two new seats he got two new wheelchairs; and they are really cool. The power chair is Giants Orange and is very similar in design to the "old" chair, yet with some new improvements. The manual chair is way different from his previous manual chair in that it does not weigh half what the previous one did, and can be folded up, like a typical manual chair. The previous one had a support bar to give it some rigidity, and also gave it a lot more weight. The really cool thing about the manual chair is that it glows in the dark, so that if all the lights went out you would still be able to spot him easily.

Van was here about 40 minutes, making sure the two chairs were what Jason wanted, and that they fit him physically. There were a number of adjustments that he had to do, in order for Jason to be able to use them, and on top of that we had a great conversation with him. The challenge we have now is to figure out what to do with the previous chairs. I will be contacting a few non-profits and maybe even the VA to see if there is a need for a couple of very nice chairs. The power chair still has a long life ahead of it, and the manual chair has hardly been used.

The rest of the day was seeing what could be done about getting Stacy enrolled into a kindergarten class, but there are still a couple of hurdles that need to be overcome before that is accomplished. Along with that the window of opportunity is closing real fast, so something has to be finalized very soon. The other thing that we did was to take care of some paperwork, and get the findings report, on Jason's medical review. Jason's medical report is probably one of the largest out there, and the process is that this has to be processed by a couple of agencies and/or departments. Once this is done the findings report is put together. This report is much smaller that the initial collection of the medical report, though it is still plenty big (about 200 pages). He has to familiarize himself with it and then it is signed and becomes a formal document in his records. The funny thing is, we have recently been talking to a couple of doctors who thing there is a good possibility of another surgery (or more) and if that is the case this whole process starts over again.

Anyway, no appointments tomorrow so we can sleep in a little bit (I'll still wake at about 05:50 so I can call Linda, to make sure she is up), and then I'm going to be going for a bike ride, after I get breakfast for Jason. Other than that we really don't have much planned. I have some other things I need to work on anyway, but it isn't often that we have this much "spare" time. Thank you, for all your continued support and for all the prayers - Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Glad the chairs are going to work so well. Am sure there's someone out there who can use the old ones.
    Know that I'm always here praying!
    Isaiah 43:1-3a But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel...
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pour out your heart to the Lord! He hears! Praying!
    Psalms 42:1-5 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God? When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday. Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)