June 22, 2012

Jason started the day out with another visit to the folks at UCSD, and their hyperbaric chamber. They ran in to a small delay, so he didn't get to begin his "dive" until almost a half hour later than planned. Normally that wouldn't be much of an issue, except that today he wanted to head over to the Sports and Family Fun Day at the Naval Base. As it turned out, the treatment went smoothly and we were headed back to the base at just a little after 13:00 (1pm). The events were effectively all done so all we could participate in in the lunch. Of course that wasn't too bad, so we had a nice late lunch. We got there just a little while after Anthony Netto arrived, and he brought along a ParaMobile (aka - ParaGolfer) for Jason to use. I helped get Jason from his wheelchair into the ParaMobile and then Jason took off to go visit with some of the other guys. It was very exciting for me to see Jason getting around in his ParaMobile, and all of the guys who saw it thought it was very cool. It generated a bunch of talk, and several of the guys were very interested in finding out more about it, even those that have no injuries were asking questions. The entire event was over by 14:30 (2:30pm) and we were one of the last to get something to eat - though we weren't the last.

Jason and I got back to the house and he took a shower. With each of the hyperbaric chamber treatments he tends to sweat a great deal. He naturally sweats more than most people and the chamber seems to make him sweat even more. As a result his shirt and shorts tend to be sweaty and he is anxious to get clean and put on clean clothes. We didn't have any other visitors the rest of the day, and perhaps that was a good thing. Jason slept most of the rest of the day, until I did his antibiotics and then dinner. Shortly after that he was sleeping again, so I just let him sleep. Besides it is kind of late now anyway, and I need my beauty sleep... okay, I needs lots of beauty sleep... ;-)

Tomorrow we may get out and try to go somewhere  - Anthony invited us to the beach - but it all depends on how he is feeling. I hope to finally get some time to work on the little garden that I wanted to set up for the girls, so I am hoping they get to come over this weekend. Thank you, all for all your prayers and for all the support that continues to come our way.


  1. George, you remain my hero... as does Jason. Please keep us posted on that 200 mile bike ride you mentioned in Thursday's blog. It would be great to get a group to ride for our wounded EOD heroes with you as our leader

  2. I agree! It would be great with George leading the group. I'll be sure Rob reads this. Thanks for the heads up so maybe Rob can start training for it. When is it??

    Hope you had a good day!

    Karen & Rob
    Livermore friends


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014