June 4, 2012

Jason started today with a couple of bowls of Frosted Mini-Wheats. It seems to be his favorite cereal. The girls were still sleeping while we ate - I had Wheat Chex, and only one bowl. The girls got up just as we finished, and so I got them Kix to have this morning. Jason was still dealing with the pain, and he said it wasn't as bad as it has been the last couple of days, so that was good to hear. I got the girls ready and we were off to day care. As Jason got on to his chair and then into the van, his pain level went up. That one area, near the sacrum, where it has opened up again, is really giving him some problems. The good news is that on Thursday we head over to UCSD for the hyperbarrik treatment. We found out today that the treatment will probably go for several consecutive days, so the other appointments will have to be cancelled, or possibly set for later times.

We found out most of this information while we were talking with Jason's case manager, and then we also asked her to set up another appointment with the Ortho doctor to discuss his HO, and what is going to be going on with that. Dr. Pyo, his primary doctor kind of started that discussion with us, just a little earlier in the morning, as he was asking us what was going on, and what was the plan.  I still need to send off one piece of information to the coordinator at UCSD, and then it should make it a little easier to get in smoothly. The only other thing we needed to do was to pick up Jason's Rx for the pain relief and then we could head home.

Tonight, once we were all back at the house it was kind of relaxed. The girls were in bed at about 20:30 (8:30pm) and Jason was kind of sleeping in his bed. The good thing about the pain meds is that it allows for some blockage of the pain, though it also puts you to sleep. The sleep is kind of a problem since it messes with schedules and I always worry about Jason taking all his meds, at the right time. Jason has set his phone to alarm at the times he is to take his meds, and that helps, but I'm not always confident that he is going to wake up when the alarm goes of. He can be a pretty heavy sleeper. I guess I just need to trust technology more, as he hasn't missed any yet, and he always seems to wake up. Tomorrow is going to be another busy day with a more "regular" schedule of appointments. I hope it makes for a better day.

Thank you, all for your continued support and for all your continued prayers.


  1. I can understand how that area would be so painful :( Praying for you, Jason. Keep us posted on your progress.

    Always sending good thought and prayers to your family. My family is praying for you folks also.

    Take good care,
    Enjoy the Giants game if you can go?
    All our best,
    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends

  2. Know that I'm always here praying!
    Isaiah 40:28-31 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
    My email address


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014