February 10, 2015

Not much to report today, as it was quiet for the most part, and other than normal day-to-day stuff, not much happened. The girls got up this morning and I made oatmeal and packed their lunches. Linda got them up and dressed and probably had a more difficult time than I did (making oatmeal is really pretty easy ;-)). Linda and I walked them to school, came back to the house and got to looking at the plans for the house, with the idea of picking out lighting fixtures and ceiling fans. This is something we need to get finished, so as to not be a cause for any delay.

When Stacy came home from school we worked with her, on her home work and then Linda took her to her soccer practice. While Stacy and Grandma were at soccer practice Grandpa and Jackie were at the store, picking up a couple of things for Taco Tuesday - tonight! I got home with Jackie before Linda and Stacy got back home, and that was probably a good thing as it gave me a chance to just sit back and check some of my emails.

Linda and I will be headed out to Virginia in less than two weeks, to attend an EOD Caregiver Retreat. This retreat is a little different in that it is for parents who are caregivers of wounded EOD techs, so we're kind of excited about going - we've never been to one. In the email there were some things I needed to get caught up on, and we're attempting to meet up with a few people we know, while we're in the Bethesda, MD area. So far it is looking good, so I'm hopeful that all will work out and that the weather doesn't sink us.

Tonight the Tacos were good, and the girls enjoyed their tostadas. The girls don't enjoy tacos so we just make them tostadas and they're happy. As far as they are concerned they're still tacos, and in some ways they are, and it all works out. After dinner Stacy had to get her valentines ready for tomorrow, and that took her right up to bed time. Jackie's won't be needed for another two days, and we won't have to help with those.  Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. So excited about the retreat! You two have been through so much, it will be good to meet up with others who know just what you're going through!
    Know that I'm here praying!!!
    Psalms 91:1-2, 4 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. (4) He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always praying in Seattle!
    Psalms 91:14-15 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

April 29, 2018

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)