February 7, 2015

Another exciting day for the Ross Family!

We got up this morning, a little on the late side (almost 08:00 when I got out of bed) and somewhat of a slower start for all of us. Of course we were still enjoying all the fun from last night, and now we were going to be headed to Balboa to be a part of the Gary Sinise Foundation (GSF) Invincible Spirit Festival (I.S.F.). Robert Irvine was also going to be there, and we were looking forward to seeing him again, as well.

We made it to Balboa, and ended up being escorted in by some of the Navy Security Police, and that was kind of cool. Shortly after arriving we came into contact with a bunch of the GSF folks, some we hadn't seen in almost a year, and that was a great start to the event. There were also several others who work at the Hospital, that we hadn't seen in several weeks, and that was fun, too. At this point we were again escorted to a conference room where Gary Sinise was waiting and we all got a chance to say, "Hi!" again, and just relax for a little bit. Then the cameras started. Gary had to go get ready for his show, and we stayed in the room with a videographer/interviewer. We finished there and walked on out and within just a few minutes Jason was surrounded by another gaggle of cameras and reporters who wanted to interview him.

Linda had stepped away, to take the girls over to the Jumpy-House, and turned to see where we were, just in time to see the reporters hooking Jason up with a microphone. They just started to interview when she sent the girls back in to tell Daddy, where they were going, and they gave him a hug. This, as you might expect, went over very well with the reporters. Myself, I was stepping back and not getting involved with the cameras any more than I need to.

We were able to get some lunch and then have a brief conversation with Robert Irvine, the celebrity chef, and then do a little wandering around. We caught up to Linda and the girls and they had just finished their lunch. I then took over for Linda, so she could spend more time with Jason and I took them to get some balloon creations. As it turned out, waiting to get balloons was a SLOW process and just as we were getting close Linda and Jason, and Angelica connected back up with us. The girls got their balloons and then we went to the stage, to claim our spot on the artificial turf and wait for the show.

Now we've been at Balboa for about 5 hours, and it is beginning to show on the girls, and on Jason. The show got started and it was fun for everybody, though I was now having to hold Stacy. Billy Wagasy had come over and helped with holding Jackie for a little while, and that kind of gave Linda a bit of a break. About four (maybe five) songs into their show Gary called for all the kids to come up on stage and let them all sing along with a song. Most of the kids were okay with it, though a couple left the stage shortly after getting up there. They all finished the song and Gary kept Stacy and Jackie up on stage with him, and the three of them took a bow together. It was really cool, and from where I was standing, it looked like they both enjoyed the lime light.

We had to get going, shortly after that, as they were still very tired by now, and running out of energy and Jason was beginning to hit a wall as well. We were able to meet up with Robert Irvine again and got some last moment pictures with him, as well as well a couple of the GSF folks. We were able to wave and say good bye to Gary, while he continued to play on stage. We got back to the house and in less than 10 minutes everyone was resting. I got back up after a short rest and in a matter of another hour or so, everyone else was back up again. I fixed a simply dinner for Jason and Linda and I had left overs, from last night. The girls wanted Dino Nuggets, so that's what we fixed for them, as well as some fruit and vegetables. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. What an amazing day!
    Whatever happens in this life, this is not our Home! Praying hard right now!
    Revelation 21:1-4 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014