February 19, 2015

Just a quick post, as it is getting late and I am honestly kind of tired right now. Linda and I got up before 07:00 and I went down to fix Jason some breakfast. He wanted some cream of wheat, so that's what I fixed, and since I was making it, I made sure I had enough for me, too. Afterward I decided that I needed to get out on the bike and went for 30+ mile ride, up over Mission Gorge. It has a series of hills that are very challenging and I'm glad I went - my legs, on the other hand, would rather I had stayed home and did some reading or something. Anyway, it was a fun ride and I still managed to get back home before noon.

A little while later - after lunch and a shower - Linda and I went to do some errands, and to look at a couple of consignment stores that she found. One in particular has all kinds of neat stuff in it, and I think we will be going back there again, probably a few times. One of the things I mentioned to Linda, while we were driving back to the house is, "This is what retirement feels like." Today we were not rushed for anything and just simply enjoying spending some time together. I think I may do this retirement thing for a number of years.

The rest of the day was also relaxed, and even Jason got out to take care of a couple of errands he wanted to do. He was supposed to go to an appointment but was contacted shortly before the appointment, and it had been cancelled. The time of this call couldn't have been better, as it allowed him, and Linda, to get out and go do some other shopping (this actually happened while I was out on my ride). They came in to the house, shortly after I got back from my ride, and both of them were in very good and positive moods.

Tomorrow should be like today, as there really isn't much scheduled, other than to get out with some friends and go shoot at the range on Miramar Marine Air Station. I have to get back in time to pick up Stacy and Jackie from school, but I will be able to be there for most of it. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)