February 8, 2015

A nice relaxed day, today. I got up at about 07:00, and before Linda, and decided I would go for a short bike ride (12.5 miles). I was out and back in about 50 minutes, and I think I could have been back a little sooner, but had to deal with some traffic lights, and some traffic (not much). I had actually planned on going out for a longer ride, but as I was down stairs the girls got up and then Jason wanted to get some breakfast. I started to work on the breakfast requests and decided I should eat a little before the ride, too. Before I finished, Linda was up and she was hoping to get a few things accomplished before we went to church. As it turned out, my ride ended up shorter and Linda didn't get half the stuff she wanted done, done. We did get to church on time though... ;-)

The funny part on that was that we both forgot about the congregational meeting this morning, so when we arrived the place was packed, and we thought we were late. As we made it in to the church and saw all the people there we were trying to figure out what was going on. By the time we had done this the meeting was over and they were adjourning. The girls were very confused, to say the least. Stacy was asking why they didn't get to go to Sunday School and I had to reassure her that the school was coming up and that we were just a little early for church. It all worked out just fine, but it was a little on the comical side, to say the least.

We didn't do much else the rest of the day, except some of the normal chores around the house and then at about 15:30 (3:30pm) we decided to head out to take a look at the progress on Jason's home. Linda and I took the girls and we made it out to the property and even took a few pictures - I'll post pictures tomorrow. I am very pleased with how things are looking and feel so very grateful to the Gary Sinise Foundation for making this happen. For all those out there wondering where you might want to put those last minute donations, consider the foundation, as I know they do good stuff for a bunch of folks.

This evening was like most of the day, and we managed to simply relax a bit. The girls spent time with their daddy, and then we got them to bed. Linda read them a story and I came in to say good night. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. You needed more of a relaxing day yesterday.
    Our Lord is saying these words! Continuing to lift up prayer!
    Revelation 21:5-7 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)