February 9, 2015

This morning we got up and the day began rather smoothly. The girls were up, just a few minutes after we came down stairs, so we didn't have to go through the challenges of waking them up (sometimes they just don't want to get up in the morning, then sometimes they don't seem to mind). Linda took on getting them dressed and ready, while I made breakfast and their lunches. We normally leave the house at about 07:50, and today we were out a good 10 minutes earlier. We didn't have to walk to school any faster than normal, and in fact it allowed for some sight seeing, like finding bugs and flowers along the way. After dropping the girls off we headed back to the house, where it was time for me to fix my breakfast.

I had made some Cream of Wheat for Jason, prior to taking the girls to school, and it looked pretty good (the girls didn't want any this morning, so it was all for Jason). I decided that I should have some too, and then I could get ready for my bike ride. Linda made her own breakfast and we were both done at about the same time, so we had our breakfasts together. After that I went and got my bike to head out for a short ride, and then I was off. I got in almost 19 miles and it took me less than an hour and a half to do so. I've found some areas where there really isn't too much traffic in the early morning and that makes it much easier.

When I returned Jason was in the kitchen. This kind of surprised me, because he had taken off a little after I did, to go to an appointment at Balboa. I asked him how the appointment was and he said he hadn't gone because of significant traffic issues right at the base. Not sure what those issues were, but bottom line is that Jason didn't go, and instead went to the Pet Store to pick up a few supplies, and a new cage for Mr. Jingles. Jason set up the new cage and did the transfer of Mr. Jingles from one to the other, and did it all on his own. I did help a little with the clean up, but that was because I was going in the direction of the trash cans anyway.

The rest of the day was very laid back and comfortable and then at about 14;00 (2pm) Joselyn showed up to start her new schedule with us, again. It was really great seeing her, and felt like a missing part was back in place again. Now when Linda and I need to get up we feel much more comfortable that she is her to help him, if it is needed. We now have everything set up through the VA and they were very good about getting things going quickly.

Below are a couple of pictures of the property, though they're not much to see right now. These are the ones we took yesterday, with the girls. We will be going back on Wednesday, and be escorted around the property, so I'll be able to get some better shots. They don't want us walking around the build site, without someone there to help guide us, mostly for safety reasons. Anyway, the place does look good, and more pictures will be coming. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Standing on the driveway, looking at the front of the lot

Signs you can see from the road

Same Signs - slightly different angle

Some strangers standing in front of the signs


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014