February 15, 2015

 I then got up and started to get ready to go for a bike ride (I know, what a surprise). Only problem with that was that my front tire was flat again, and it is the same tire that was flat last time. I pumped it back up and let it stand for a little while and it didn't seem to have any pressure loss, so I went out for a ride. Of course it wasn't going to be a long ride, as it is Sunday and Linda and I want to be able to leave for church at about 10:00. Anyway, I rode up this mildly challenging hill, and shortly after getting to the top I stopped and yes the tire was much softer now. I decided to just pump it back up and see if I could make it back home. Hey, it made it all the way up the hill, why not go for a ride back down on the same tube. I did manage to get most of the way back down and had to stop for a light and decided to check the tire and again it was softer than I would like. I pumped it up again and rode the rest of the way it. Total ride was only about 13 miles.

When I got home Linda and Jason were in the kitchen, just beginning to fix some breakfast. Linda had said she was going to be getting some exercise in this morning but was delayed because she was fixing some breakfast for Jason. Jason immediately started saying, "She's avoiding the exercise. She's avoiding the exercise!" I then told them of my ride and my challenges with the tire. Jason then started to give me a hard time by imitating me standing on the side of the road, pumping up the tire. Actually he did a pretty good job, including the sound effects, and we all had a good laugh. I was just happy to see that he was in very good spirits this morning and that he wanted to give both of us a hard time. I take it that it means he's feeling good about everything in general.

A little while later Linda and I went to church and enjoyed the fellowship, and then came home.  We had a few other things to get done today, and figured we had plenty of time to take care of it. We are working our way through some of the boxes in storage, looking for specific items and in some cases doing some repacking. Actually it is good that we're doing this, as we are going to need to be going through all the stuff over these next several months, before we get into Jason's new house. Anyway, we were able to get rid of a couple of boxes, mostly through consolidation, and donations. I think we have been able to get a better idea of what we have as well as where it is.

Tonight is just a continuation of the day, and we had a nice relaxing evening. Jason stayed in bed most of the day, though he did go out and take Gracie for a short walk. Tomorrow is Presidents' Day, and we get the girls in the morning - school is closed for the holiday. I plan on taking them over to the school area, where they can ride their bikes in relative  safety from autos. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018