May 1, 2012

Okay, I'm back... I know it was only a "one-day get-a-way" for Linda and I, and it did cross two nights, so that is why I missed two days of updates. As it is, there really wasn't a bunch to write about, since Jason didn't go anywhere (other than to church on Sunday), and Monday there were no appointments, so he didn't go anywhere that day either. When we got to the house this morning it was just as the Marine bus had arrived to pick up Jason, and get him to his appointments. It was a bit chaotic at first, with the girls running around saying, "Hi!" to Grandma and Grandpa, and poor Monica was exhausted from trying to keep up with everything, and on top of that she didn't sleep well last night. I told her she could have gone up to my room and slept on that bed, but she worried she wouldn't hear the girls if they woke up; so, she didn't sleep much at all. She wanted to do a good job, and she did. The girls really enjoyed having her here, probably as much as the rest of us did, and we're going to miss her, now that she has gone back home.

Anyway, Jason had his appointments and while he was at the Speech Therapy appointment I was able to go take care of a couple of other things, and then when he was done with all his appointments the Marine bus took us back to the house. Once we were back home I had to hurry and get Monica to the airport, so she could get back home. She graduates from high school this year and she is looking forward to continuing on with college. Not sure what she is going to study, but whatever it is I'm sure she will do well as she is a pretty bright young woman, and seems quite confident in herself.

Once I was back at the house I had a chance to get up stairs and check my email. It was now almost 13:30 (1:30pm) and the girls were asleep; Linda was taking a nap; and, Jason was resting. We had a dinner to go to  at about 18:00 (6pm) so I had some free time. Just as I logged on Jackie woke and started making all kinds of noise. She doesn't cry much, what she does is yell. I call it the Tarzan yell. Like I said, she doesn't cry much, just yells until someone comes to get her out of bed, and if you don't do it quickly enough she will wake Stacy, and anyone else close enough to be sleeping. Needless to say, I didn't get much of my email checking done, though I did get it started. I finished it late tonight, just prior to doing this blog, but that's okay, I'm happy.

For those wondering what Linda and I did, or where we went - We went to the Hyatt Resort and Spa in Carlsbad, about 20 minutes from here. We were given a gift from the Livermore Military Families and it was a very nice gift that included a room, a couple of nice meals, and a couple's massage. Apparently when they booked the room Tara thought to ask them to upgrade if they could. Not only did they upgrade from a nice room, the folks at Hyatt put us in one of the nicest rooms they had. Then on top of that, our couple's massage was upgraded too; to a private suite that we had use of, after the massage, including a whirlpool. To say the least, we were spoiled... then we had to come back to the real world. As it turned out, we got the chance to thank a bunch of the folks from the Livermore Military Families, who made this trip possible, as they were at the dinner also. Tomorrow we try to get ourselves back on a more normal schedule, though that probably won't happen until next week.

There are many good organizations and people out there who really want to help other people, and especially those who have served in the military, and are now finding that they need assistance. If you find that you want to help some of these groups, please check out Carl's or Hardee's, since they are big supporters for these groups. Thank you, for all your continued prayers and support, it has been amazing.


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014