October 20, 2013

A very nice day for us today. We got up a little on the late side and decided to take the girls to the 10:15 service at the Big Red Church (it is the local Presbyterian Church and has many similarities to ours in Livermore). The girls had fun at Sunday School and afterward we came back to the house and I fixed a nice lunch for all of us. The girls went down for their nap, and I really don't think they slept much, because in about an hour and a half they were running around the house again, and pretty  much just stayed in their PJs the rest of the day. While the girls were "napping" I helped Jason with his shower and dressing change. His wounds look better than they ever have and I am hopeful that with a little more treatment from the laser treatment, and they will close completely.

I played with the two of them for a while, and helped them first build a "tent" our of a couple of blankets, and then Stacy wanted to build a fort. Of course, if you looked at the two structures they pretty much looked the same. I then finished up on some cleaning  and began dinner, and we all were able to eat by about 18:30 (6:30pm). I then got to sit down and watched a little football, and the girls decided that they wanted to watch it with me. This lasted for about 20 minutes and then they wanted to watch some Bugs Bunny. We don't have any Bugs Bunny videos or DVDs, so I knew we would have to pull it down from YouTube. I asked Jason if he was up for getting the show going and he was, so the girls went and watched the cartoons with him for close to an hour. This was great as it gave me some time to finish up on some of the cleaning and put the food away. Jason then read them a couple of books and then it was time to go to bed. Stacy wanted me to read one more book, so I did, and then got them to go to bed. This time, though, I think they went to sleep a little after going down. I think they were tired this time... ;-) Tomorrow, Jason's leave ends, and he will have to get back to the base for his treatment and other appointments. Right now the only thing he has going on is PT, and then I think another on Wednesday, but that will probably change quickly. I do know he plans on getting a hair cut.

Thank you, for all the continued prayers and support. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Gary Sinese is such an amazing man!
    Praying right now!
    Psalms 31:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)