October 30, 2013

Wow, to thing that two years ago I was doing my best to pack up all our stuff in Bethesda, MD, knowing we would be leaving early tomorrow morning for San Diego. To look back on those times, and on Jason specifically, I think if I was given that same choice today I would have said let's hold on for another few weeks. Jason was much stronger and recovering nicely, but no where near as strong as he is today, and even today I still worry about some of the things we need to be aware of when traveling. I am glad we made the journey, and since coming out this way we have met even more great people, so over all it has been a good choice. However, we do miss some of the folks and all our friends we made back in Bethesda. The good news is that we've made some new friends out here and making new ones all the time.

We got the girls up and to their respective day cares this morning, and then Jason went to his PT, with Dawn. The session was good, and Gracie was a funny as ever - she likes to "talk" to everyone while at PT, and that is the only place I think I've seen her act that way. I even went and got a haircut while Jason was finishing up his appointments, and all was good.

We were back on our way back home by 11:30, and both of us were kind of hungry so Jason said he wanted to go to Taco Bell. We are doing my better with buying our food there and only purchasing what we need, rather than getting more than we need. We got back to the house and ate lunch, and just relaxed a little. Around 14:00 (2pm) Jason took his shower and I did a dressing change on his wounds, and they are all looking better all the time. I am very happy with how they are developing now, and hope they continue that way.

Otherwise, not much more happened today. I had plenty of time to catch up on my email and paper work, and then simply relaxed. I promised to have some pictures posted today, so here they are - of the girls and Jason, with the pumpkins, getting ready for Halloween. Thank you, for all your continued prayers and support. Take care and stay positive...




















Comments

  1. Pumpkins are cute and kids adorable!
    Praying!
    Psalms 40:1-4a I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust...
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a good day today!
    Always lifting up prayer!
    Psalms 40:5, 11, 13 Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. (11) Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me. (13) Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018