October 17, 2013

We had a great day today, with me being able to get out for another short bike ride (just under 5 miles this time); our friend (ret. General) Tom Lightner came by for a visit and nice gift from Grace Presbyterian church; we had a great visit with Gary Sinise, and discussed some of what Jason's future is going to very possibly look like; and, the girls are with us again, for the next five days.

I didn't get up to particularly early today, though I still do call Linda for a wake up call at about 05:45 on weekday morning. I went down and checked on Jason and let him know that I was planning on going out for another short bike ride, and I wanted to eat a little breakfast before I went. He said he wasn't quite ready for breakfast, and would eat when I returned. I was only out for about half an hour, and felt pretty good after the ride, and realized I have gotten out of shape. When I returned I got him some breakfast and then took a shower. After that Jason was ready for his shower, and then we headed over to the hospital at Balboa. We had a meeting sett with Gary Sinise, and didn't want to be late. We got there and had a great time with him, as we talked for nearly an hour. Gary's Foundation is wanting to build Jason a house and so Gary was out gathering some information about just what that house might be. There is still a great deal to be done and to be finalized, and it just felt great that the wheels are rolling on this.

Afterward we went back to the house and had a quick lunch, and then Gen. Lightner (ret.) came by. It was good to see him and do some catching up. While Jason and Tom were still talking I had to get going to go pick up the girls, and Tom said he was going to be going soon, so I said my good-byes then. When I came back home, with the girls, Tom was gone. Both of them were full of energy and I told them that I was walking over to check the mail and they both asked to come with me. Our mailbox is about 100 meters away, and they just about ran the entire way. This was good as it got some of the energy out of them. We played a little while, and then Joselyn started to fix dinner (it is one of the things she likes to do, and I am totally okay with that). She left a little while after and then I finished up on the dinner - chicken pot pies. The girls ate their dinner and then went to go in and play with daddy for a little while. The next thing was to start getting ready for bed and I told them they could each pick out a book, and I'd read them both. The funny part was that Jason had gotten out of bed by now (there was a problem with the cable box and he wanted to fix it -- and he did), and he was right next to us, as I read the books. All and all, it was a very good day. We will be getting out a little early tomorrow, as Gracie needs to attend one of her training sessions. Jason will be going to the training and the girls and I will be going over to the play area. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. No matter what happens in life, the Lord is always there! Praying!
    Habakkuk 3:17-19 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places...
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018