October 21, 2013

Easy morning and actually kind of exciting to get back going with the treatment plan for Jason. We ended up at Physical Therapy (PT) today at just before 09:00. The funny part was that Dawn was working with this other patient, who apparently was a newer guy, and for the first half hour, or so (maybe closer to 45min) Jason was working mostly on his own. I set up the table, as I've done in the past, and I handed him equipment as things progressed. Dawn came over a couple of times and apologized that she was so tied up with the new guy, but Jason was perfectly happy with what he was doing, kind of warming up, that when she finally did come over to focus on Jason it worked rather well. She worked on his shoulders and upper body, to get some of the muscles loosened up and Jason felt pretty good after the session.

We went to MCRD (Marine Corps Recruit Depot) so Jason could get a hair cut, and then we went and had lunch. Back at the house, after lunch, Jason wanted to get his shower in and that would give me a chance to change his dressings. The wounds are still looking better, yet still not closing like I'd like, and I need to pick up more supplies on the Hydraphera Blue pads that I use (maybe at a later date I'll explain more about what they are - right now just know they keep the chance of infection way down). Jason laid down and I went to go get the girls, after Joselyn came to the house, of course.

The girls are always happy to see Joselyn and it does give me a little bit of a break, so for about an hour I was able to take a look at my email. After that I decided to start fixing dinner and then Jason called and asked me if I'd forgotten about Anthony Netto inviting us over for dinner tonight - he fixed some spaghetti. I said I was glad he didn't delay any longer, asking, because yes, I did forget. In fact, we were actually late at this point. We hurried up and got the girls ready, and I loaded everything up into the car and we were off after the we said good-bye to Joselyn.

The dinner was nice and relaxing and we were able to have a nice conversation about nothing and everything. We got back to the house at about 20:00 (8pm) and the girls were actually almost ready for bed. Jason and I got them ready and I read them a book, and we sang a couple of songs, then they were ready for bed - and now, so am I. I actually sat down on the couch to relax a bit an opened my eyes and it was already 21:15 (9:15pm). I had now idea of what was going on, on the TV, so I decided to do the blog and go to bed. Of course there was a call to Linda mixed in there, and now I am going to bed. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014