June 14, 2015

I woke up this morning, at about 05:50 and felt like I was wide awake. We were planing on going to the Gary Sinise Foundation  concert of the Lt. Dan Band a little later in the day, but for now we just had a few little things to do. With this in mind I decided to go for a quick bike ride, and get some needed exercise. I managed to get in about 15 miles and I was gone almost exactly one hour. At that point, everybody was up and we all needed to start getting ready for heading out.

Linda did the packing, so that the girls would be able to get into the water. once we got to Coronado Island, and the Hotel Del Coronado. The concert was to be on the beach, right there by the hotel, so it all worked out nicely. I was hoping to get out by 10:45, but we didn't make it, and actually left at about 11:45. Since I had not driven to the hotel I was grateful that Anthony and Angelica were also going, and they stopped by to pickup Jason's paramobile. We just followed them, as he had driven there previously, and knew where we were supposed to go, to get to the correct parking.

When we checked in there was a little surprise, and that was Gary Sinise was checking in at the same time. He took the time to come over and chat with us for a little while, and the girls were very excited to see him again. Once we were in the hotel we took the girls out to the beach and they got to play in the water with Grandpa, while Grandma watched all our stuff, up on shore. One of the cool sights was that some dolphins actually swam up pretty close to where I was in the water, and they were swimming around, having their own fun. Shortly after that we went back up to the hotel, and started to get ready for the reception, and then the show.

We had a great time at the reception, as we got to see a bunch of people we hadn't seen in quite a long time. It also seemed like we hadn't seen some of the folks from GSF in several months, so it was kind of like a reunion of sorts. From the reception we made our way to the area were the concert was to take place, and then on to get some food, so we could eat, and enjoy the performance. We had VIP seating and it was an excellent location. People were coming up to Jason and thanking him and shaking his hand, and we felt a great deal of love and support there. The only down side was that Jason did push himself a little more than I would have liked, and I could tell that he was very tired by the time we started to head back to the hotel, and go home.

Over all, it was an excellent day, and we had a great time. I highly recommend seeing the Lt. Dan Band, if you get the chance. They really know how to perform and they are constantly adding new songs to their performance. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. Glad you had such a fantastic time!
    God's Hand is holding you up! Praying right now!
    Psalms 63:5-8 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches. Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018