June 17, 2015

Jason's surgery went well, yesterday and though it did take a little longer than originally expected, he came through wonderfully. I spoke with the doctors and he was very pleased with all that took place, and even got to speak with Jason, who was still coming around from the anesthesia. Jason is now in the hospital, and will be there for a few days, probably three, and then be coming back home. This is good, as it makes it easier to take care of the animals (Gracie and Kojak).

Actually, last night I took the girls, Stacy and Jackie, to go see their daddy and also brought along the dogs. Gracie handled it like a veteran support/service dog that she is and Kojak behaved himself better than I expected. I think both dogs are trying to figure out what the heck is going on, and Kojak is spending a great deal of his time under Jason's bed. The girls were happy to see Daddy, as they did not fully understand what was going on, and neither of them wanted to leave when it was time to come back home. We did manage to get back to the van and once back home they new it was getting late, so a quick bath and then bed time was in order.

On top of everything else, it was still Taco Tuesday! Fortunately, Joselyn knows us pretty well now and had everything going by the time I initially came back from the hospital, right after Jason's surgery. This made it a lot easier on me, so I am very appreciative of her. She is going to be continuing to help a little more, over these next few days, and that will probably allow me to maintain my sanity. For example, I will be taking the girls back to their mother's, this morning and then after Joselyn comes I will be going for a much needed bike ride. After that I'll go on in to see Jason and play it by ear from there.

Other than that, there is going to be an effort to get to a more relaxed and "normal" life flow. Linda and her parents are up in Livermore, right now, visiting for a couple of days, and then heading north. I suspect they will be gone the full two weeks, and then, depending on how things are going, may head on back down or take another week to visit other family. We get to talk, at least twice a day, and it sounds like they are having a good and relaxing time, and I am very pleased with that. I miss having Linda around, yet fully understand the need for this trip, and am glad she can help. Thank you for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018