June 6, 2015

Yesterday was a physically taxing day, with me moving more boxes and things than I have had to do in quite a long time. As a result of that I was quite tired by the time I got to bed, and with that I slept pretty soundly. That is, until about 06:00 this morning, when Linda woke and said she was getting up. She had plans on getting up to a memorial, in Vista. She was asked to attend as a member of Blue Star Mothers, and she was going to meet up with one or two other members to show support for the family. As it turned out, it was a very nice memorial/funeral - the kind I think I'd like to have. Most of the men were dressed in Aloha shirts and they basically celebrated the man's life. When I go I want to have the people enjoying themselves and remembering the good times.

Anyway, I drove Linda up to Vista, and since Vista is relatively close to Fallbrook, I decided to take my bike with us, and while Linda was there I would be out doing a little exploring of the Fallbrook area. I got in a 17 mile ride, and found that from our house on Ramona Dr. I had to ride about seven miles to get to a significant part of Fallbrook. Once there I spent a couple of miles just riding around looking at different places, and finding out that Fallbrook is very much like Livermore was, a couple of decades ago. A bid difference though is that Fallbrook has lots of hills, and there is a significant climb just to get to the town center. Coming back home was much easier and at one point, while going back down the main hill, I was doing almost 40 mph - quite exciting.

After I got back to the house I rested a bit and ate some oranges, and waited to hear from Linda. When she called, about an hour later, I took off to go pick her up and then we decided to get in touch with Anthony and Angelica, to see their new home. They literally just moved in a few days ago. The new house is very nice, and it is such a great step for the two of them, as they had been renting prior to this, and now they OWNED their own place. It is a great feeling to own your own home, and on the other side, moving in can be quite trying... so many boxes and so much to put away. Something we get to look forward to in just a couple of months.

Tomorrow we need to spend some time over at our storage units, and won't be able to go to church. We have two units that we need to condense down to just one unit, and it has to be done in the next few days. Either that or we have to pay for another month of rent, and we'd rather not have to do that. It has been a busy few days, and it really feels pretty good because we're getting things done. Thank you for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018