October 17, 2015

A nice relaxed day here at the Ross household. I got up a little earlier than the rest of the house, though it was still after 07:30. Yes, I actually slept in a little. I probably would have slept/rested a little longer, but I wanted to get out for a bike ride. Something I haven't done in a few months or so. I needed to find all my stuff, though I basically knew where it was, and do a little minor adjustments on the bike and make sure the tires were full. I did walk the house and woke up the girls. Jason was already awake, and Linda had gotten up a little while after I did. Then I was out the door and on my ride.

The ride was short - about 5 miles, and all of it hills. Fallbrook has lots of hills and some of them are actually pretty steep. I met one of the folks along the way, who doesn't live too far from us. He has been living here for about 50 years, and is also a bike rider. He told me of a few trails and said that the hills could be tough, but that was part of the benefit of riding here. We talked for about 5 minutes and then I was off, headed up the rest of the way, up the hill I was on at the time.

The only other thing we did was to take the girls to go get some shoes at Stride Rite, and was I surprised. Both of them are growing fast. Stacy has gotten out of children's sizes and now wears a 1-1/2 and Jackie is right at 13 in children's size. It was a bit of a family adventure, though Jason wasn't able to come with us. We were gone for about an hour or so, and then the rest of the day we were at home.

One of the interesting things we saw, when we returned was a hole, very close to the house, that looks like it might have been made by a ground squirrel or some other rodent. I'm going to be attempting to catch it tomorrow, and then see if I can encourage it to live somewhere else. I really don't want to have to deal with a bunch of holes in the yard, and have to concern myself with people spraining their ankles or worse. I have to admit though, we were aware of the rodent populations around here, they even have a "Gopher Canyon" not too far from here (about 6 miles).

Tomorrow should be another good day to relax - though Linda has to take care of some Blue Star Mothers responsibilities. The rest of us will be staying home, and taking care of things around here, after we get home from Church. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. The Lord will be with you always! And I'll be here praying as always!
    Colossians 3:15-16 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018