October 7, 2015

Yesterday was a busy day for us, as I had to work a few extra hours to get some things done that we needed for a presentation today. I think I got to bed at about 23:30 (11:30), and then back up at 06:15 this morning. Linda has been taking care of the house and the girls and also working crazy hours, and we both need a break. I'm looking at next year, after the first of the year, before things are going to slow down a little.

We also had a nice visit from a couple we've gotten to know, over the past couple of years. Dan and Kelly came by, and stayed for a nice little visit. They actually came while we were out, with the girls getting them jackets, and spent some time with Jason. I thought that was very good, as it gave Jason something else to do, rather than just play video games, and it allowed him a chance to visit with some friends that we only get to see a few times a year. Well, actually, we'll be seeing them more often now, as they told us they were moving to Fallbrook. They've already secured a place to stay, and they should be moved in, in a matter of a few weeks.

I was just thinking that what I just wrote might have sounded a little harsh on Jason, but the reality is that he is putting forth a great deal of effort to get himself healed up. In fact Linda and I were talking about what he goes through, by just staying in bed. He could be up and moving around, but he knows that it would not be good for the wounds, so he stays down. I don't think I could do what he does, and not get grouchy or go crazy. He is an amazing young man.

Today, like I said, we were up a little after 6:00, and I went to get the girls up and moving, while Linda took a little time to get herself ready. Its kind of the pattern we've developed, since Linda has to be ready to go out with the girls and take them to school and I only have to sit in front of a computer - it doesn't matter what I look like. The sad part about this morning was that the girls will be gone for the next 5-days, and it is really going to be strange around here without them.

Tonight Linda went with our friend, Loretta, to go shopping and to spend a little "girl time" together. For fun they went to Costco and spent some time just wandering around the store. Okay, maybe not "wandering", but they did buy a few things. They were back home at about 20:00 (8pm) and then I got to help unload the car. That was pretty much the day.

Well, tomorrow is going to be another exciting day, and I am hoping that I get a chance to maybe get out side and do a few things around the house. The yard has a bunch of new plant growth in some areas, and I want to get rid of it, before it gets too big. It looks like tumble-weed, and that stuff is really bad to have to deal with, once it starts growing. The weather looks to be nice for the next couple of days, then it might start to rain again. Thank you, for all the continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.

Comments

  1. What comfort to be hidden under His wings! Continuing to pray!
    Psalms 61:1-4 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)

April 29, 2018