July 20, 2012

Today we made some preparations to travel back up to Livermore, and let Jason be more on his own. It is a step we are taking with trepidation and concern, but know that it is the right thing to do.Originally we had planned on leaving tomorrow morning, and made arrangements to have all our things packed and ready to roll in the morning. As it turned out though, Jason's temperature went up again and he was complaining about shooting pain again. Linda and I discussed it and decided that the best course of action would be to either leave later on Saturday, or early Sunday. We want to be sure that Jason is feeling better before we depart. It is hoped that his fever goes back down and that his pain level drops significantly. There is no hurry to be out of here anyway, so it works for all of us. Besides, it gives us another day to finish our packing and see how creative we can be in getting all our things in to the Explorer.

Well, today started with the idea that the only reason we were going to need to head over to the hospital today, was because the girls each had an appointment. Before getting ready to leave (probably about 7:00 this morning) Jason received a call and was told he needed to come in to visit with a couple of medical team and to get some updated pictures of his wounds. As it turned out, he did "meet" with a couple of the team, for a few minutes, and he did have some pictures taken, but the urgency with which it was presented was misplaced. The positive that came out of it was that they prescribed another medication, to help with control of his continued pain, and also a real meeting with Dr. Pyo. At that meeting Jason was informed that the effort is to get him out of Balboa and on to Bethesda by August 4. Now whether that actually happens is another thing, but at least there is a date targeted.
Right after writing the above I needed to take Jason back over to the ER, due to pain management. They actually found an infection, though it is relatively minor. Not sure what is causing the pain flair ups right now, but hope to understand soon. I've been up for nearly 24 hours right now, and I need to get some sleep. Thank you, for all your continued support and prayers - God Bless.


  1. Praying for you, Jason!

    Karen & Rob
    Livermore Friends


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014