July 5, 2012

Well, for a July 4th celebration, we did have an unusual ending to the day. Actually, we had all just gone to bed last night, and didn't see too many fireworks. What we did experience though, was what happened to the local fireworks display. Apparently there was a "mis-fire" and a rather large explosion happened and it shook the house to the point that it felt almost like an earthquake. I went out side to see what was going on, and all I saw was glowing skies, that in itself was quite exciting, and we didn't even see it!

Well, on to today... Jason had a couple of early appointments over at the Naval hospital, before heading over to the UCSD Hyperbaric chamber. Linda and I were scrambling a bit to make sure the girls were up and ready to go, so we could get them over to their day care, and then Jason over to his appointments. Jason was done with his Naval Hospital appointments in time to get over to the UCSD center, where we had to work with the doctors, prior to the dive, so they could measure all his wounds. I feel pretty good in that they step back and allow me to take care of the dressings, to the point that a couple of the interns seem almost intimidated by me and how I am able to converse with the other doctors. All of this extra attention delayed the dive by about 1/2 an hour, but that was okay, since it was only Jason and one other today, and they other was running late anyway. They took measurements of the wounds and will be comparing them to the measures taken when Jason first started. I am hoping that they can tell me something tomorrow, but if nothing else we'll get an update on Monday.

One of the other things that was going on today was a recognition that Jason's pain levels have been elevating more lately and there is even a greater need to find a solution to his discomfort. I am hoping that the right steps are taken to get things corrected as soon as possible, and this is where I have to bow to the superior knowledge of the doctors, working with Jason. The common thread that we hear is, "Jason is unique." And that is mostly due to the fact that few doctors really know what to do for him. If it were not for his positive spirit and attitude I don't think I could have gotten this far myself.

Well, as a quick update on my two-day ride that is coming up in October... I have now gotten to the level of $2525.00 in donations, and am hoping to get even more. For those that are wondering where they can donate, you can go to: www.eodride.org and then select Riders from the drop-down menu. Click on my name and that will take you to my donation page. For all who have donated... THANK YOU, very much, and  thank you, for all your prayers and continued support for Jason and our family.


  1. With everything that Jason's been through that had to have been really hard for him to deal with! One of the men who was at a party we went to last night had spent some time in Iraq and just the regular fireworks still get to him even years later. That kind of an explosion really must have shaken Jason up in more ways than one!
    Always look to the Lord whatever the need. Praying!
    Psalms 121:1-4 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
    My email address

  2. Mr. Ross,

    Can you send me your address and the time for Jason's party tomorrow?



Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014