A bit of a laid back day today, though we started out a bit different. Since the girls spent the night with us we had to get them up early, to get them over to their day care, at the Child Development Center (CDC). The reason we had to get them up early was because Jason had a formation, and that was also early, and then later he was to go to an appointment. Well, this is how it actually went---

We got up and got ourselves ready then woke up the girls. Jackie was already awake, so she was easy, Stacy, on the other hand doesn't like to get going in the morning (not a morning person). She did see how much fun we were having with Jackie and soon was up and wanting to play, too. We all loaded up into the car and we dropped Jason off then dropped the girls off. Not too much of an issue as the girls are quite comfortable with their CDC classrooms, and they know they'll be picked up later in the day. Once that was done Linda and I hurried back over to the house to pick up her luggage so she could get to her flight on time. The time issue was more a result of the fact that we were headed back to pick up Jason and then we were going to breakfast. One of the things Linda wanted to do when she came down this time was to go out to a breakfast meal, at least once, while she was here. She ended up staying one extra day and the opportunity finally presented itself.

We went and picked up Jason, who was just leaving his gathering and we headed over to the Broken Yoke. It is a restaurant that we hadn't been too in many years, and as it turned out, we were glad we finally did go. We walked in and the place was nearly empty. By the time we left it was nearly full. Breakfast was good, and we enjoyed each other's company. We finished the meal and headed over to the airport to drop Linda off. Now Jason and I were on our way over to his appointment, and mine (yeah, occasionally I have an appointment too).

Jason's appointment was over way before mine was and he was waiting for me. Kind of a turn about, but he didn't have to wait too long. We headed back to the house and he took a shower; I did his dressing change; and, he got back in bed. I noticed the wounds are looking better, though one of them is still much larger than I would like to see. The rest are getting close to closing up, and then his body will be able to direct all its energy on that one remaining wound. Once that happens we can move on to another aspect of his recovery.

We spent the rest of the day at the house. I made him some lunch; he played some of his video games; and he played with his new little pet. I put away dishes that Linda had washed the night prior and clothes that she had washed. Generally the house looks pretty good, I even put away stuff in the girls' room, and I haven't had to do that in a long time. Not too much else happened, other than dinner, and that was just left overs this time. Tomorrow we have another early start, but not as early as today, and a lot less hectic. Thank you, for all the support and prayers - take care and stay positive.


  1. So glad to read you have the girls right now. I also am always happy to read when Jason is doing well. Had to do some catching up with your Blog posts as life sometimes gets in the way of doing a lot of things. I KNOW you and Linda make great parents and grandparents. Ive had 23 years to observe this. I contuinue prayers for Jason and his family. blessings, Judy O'Rourke

  2. Praying in Seattle for both of you!
    Psalms 32:6-7 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him. Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
    My email address


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014