Good day today. We started the day with the girls and we ended the day with the girls. Actually they were supposed to have gone back to their mom, but she asked us to keep them over night and to take them to the day care in the morning. Jason was more than happy to oblige, especially since both Grandpa AND Grandma were both still here. We don't know why she wasn't available, all we know is that we still have them and that is the bottom line. Another bonus for today was a visit from Joe and Terry A., from Livermore. They are actually on their way back up to Livermore, from a vacation, and were able to take some time to stop by and visit. It was the first time for them to see Jason, in over four years and I think it was good for everybody to get some face time. Actually, a little later in the day we also had a visit from Gary K., a good friend who is local here. We hadn't seen him in almost 10 months, so all around it was a good day for catching up with friends, as well as things in general.

Linda's travel plans got a bit out of sync and she found out that a mistake had been made (she made the mistake, so we can't blame anybody else) and she wasn't going to be able to head back to the Bay Area until tomorrow morning, at the soonest. Then it wasn't until late morning that a spot was open. Obviously there was good and bad to this as I was happy to have her stay around for another night; the girls were happy to have her around for awhile longer; Jason was happy to have her around a little longer; however, now she had to scramble to cover her day care business. She has clients that depend on her being there, so they can drop off their kids and they can get to work. Linda worked some of her organizational skills and made some quick phone calls. Julie, our awesome neighbor will be able to open in the morning and Linda's flight arrives early afternoon in time before the kids get out of school.  Julie has helped us out a numerous times (actually her entire family has helped us), and we owe her (them) big time.

I was glad that about the only thing Jason did today was to get up and take a shower (I did a dressing change) then spent the rest of the time in bed. Considering how much went on over these past couple of days I was glad to see him take it easy. I was able to get some time to do a first round of clean in the backyard and patio area, and I figure it is only going to take me another 10 - 12 hours to get it back in shape. One of the disappointing things was that when I started cleaning up the backyard area I found tools for grilling. It seems they had been left out when Jason had left for Bethesda, and remained there until I brought them in today. As you might expect, there are signs of weathering. I think they are still usable, they're just not as pretty as they used to be.

Tomorrow Jason has a formation at 07:30, and while he is doing that we (Linda and I) will be dropping off the kids at Day Care. We will attend to some appointments, and also get Linda over to the airport so she can get back up to Livermore. Not sure if we will be picking up the kids, but I guess it really doesn't matter right now. Thank you , for all your continued support and prayers. Take care and stay positive.


  1. Hope Linda made it home okay.
    Whatever lies ahead, the Lord is with you! Always praying hard!
    Psalms 32:8, 10-11 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. (10-11) Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about. Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.
    My email address


Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

September 12, 2012 Blog post 525 (for those keeping score)

May 6, 2014