Today was a busy day for us, as it started out with Jackie waking up VERY early and crying. I'm guessing she had a bad dream, so I went down to comfort her. Fortunately I was able to get down fast enough so that she didn't wake Jason or Stacy. I'm kind of a lite sleeper, and it really doesn't take much to wake me especially when it is one of the kids. I rocked her in the chair in the living room for about 20 minutes and then put her back to bed. She slept through the rest of the night and seemed very happy the next morning.

Then when I went in to see how Jason was doing he told me that... "...we have mice." At least that is what he though he was hearing. What happened was that an opening happened on the cage to Stacy's hamster, Patrick,  and he had gotten out sometime during the evening. It was discovered by Stacy, and she just asked me, "Where's Patrick?" Anyway, it only took me about 15 minutes to find Patrick and get him back into his cage. I think went on to fix  breakfast for the girls, and they both were hungry. They wanted Cheerios. Jason had bought them two new bowls, so they were both anxious to use them

We got the girls over to the Child Development Center (CDC) and then headed over to Jason's appointments. The appointments took us close to noon, so we decided to go ahead and have lunch at the base, and it was really good. Jason even had some desert.

Stacy had a soccer practice today, so we got the girls over to the practice at about 17:00, and then allowed Jackie to just run around the field. My hats off to the coach, working with a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds, trying to get them to play soccer, but she seems to be getting the job done. We stayed for the entire practice and Jason got the schedule, so he will be able to see as many of the games as possible.

Not much else happened today - other than the final plans being put together for our return trip to Livermore.We are being flown in on a United Airlines flight, in First Class. We will be staying from the 21st to the 28th, when we'll have to go on back again. We're both looking forward to this coming weekend and getting a chance to see everybody. Thank you, for all the continued support and for the prayers.


Comments

  1. so glad that the trip home is worked out.
    Let me know when a visit will be good. I will call you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have transportation! Amazed that you found the hamster so quickly! He could have been anywhere! And they're really good at hiding!
    Keep your eyes on the Lord! Praying for you right now!
    2 Samuel 22:2-3, 7 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. (7) In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.
    My email address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

January 2017

January 2017
Jason gets a visit from Gen. Jon Monett

January 2017

January 2017
With Gary at the GSF Office

Popular posts from this blog

10 Alive Day (10 Years after the blast)